GreaseSpot Cafe

Colonial House- Reality TV

I've been watching it. Interesting stuff.

Forgive me, but I'd like to tell the new governor's wife to just shut up--such a devious woman who enjoys her new role as First Lady of the Colony too much.

And what's with the new governer? I didn't really notice before tonight, but you never see him working. You only see him standing around watching other people work, backbiting, and pontificating.

I thought I wouldn't like the new "Company boss," but so far he seems rather wise. It'll be interesting to see how the colony does.

Tom, did you ever watch any of the other PBS shows that had people going back in time to live? There was one a year or two ago that took place in England, I think during WW I.

I watch this show. It reminds me of TWI more than any show I've seen or book I've read, thus far.

The bossiness, the control, the set up of the organization, the venom, the attitude, the lies, the everthing about it. The psychological abuse and power, I guess, is what I relate to.

Sometimes I sit and watch it and think, uh huh that is just like this or that person.

Didja notice how tickled the dude was last night with his new bed? Something so simple.

It is an interesting show. It looks like the kind of thing that would be fun to do for about a week and then you'd get sick of it.

I wouldn't want to be the guy who had to knock the sheep on the head and slit its throat. Somebody else can have that job.

I heard that they had to break down and finally give these people real toothbrushes. They had been brushing with some kind of sticks but everybody's teeth turned black and they were afraid they were going to fall out.

A couple of years ago they did Frontier House with people living in Montana or someplace in the 1880s. That was pretty good too.

LinZee, this is the first one I've watched.

Shell, that's the way it was back then, remember... they were in a caste society.

I find it interesting, there were three episodes on here last night so I kind of got a crash course. I find it very interesting during those 'confessional moments with the camera' where mostly all they do is bitc H about how unfair this or that is... but didn't they know they had to "live by 1628 rules" when they signed up?

It's an interesting show.