GreaseSpot Cafe

Matt Talbot

Seth R.

I just returned from a Matt Talbot Retreat in Malverne Pa, it was wonderful. I really have a great respect for the love and kindness of Catholic people they are great.

I have some wonderfull photos of some of the grounds and statues and stained glass. I'll post a link to them sometime this week.

One of the more moving events was the private "Adoration" time. Since I'm not Catholic I read Pope John II paper on the "Eucharist" and got a better idea of what they believe. I was assigned 15 minutes starting at 3am to sit with the "Host" and meditate. One of my friends had a time slot inbetween me and another friend which he gave away because he moved to another dorm, so I split the difference with the other guy. I spent 22 minutes total in the Chapel kneeling before the altar for most of the time. I used a buddhist meditation technique during that time, and it seemed like the 22 minutes was more like 10. It was very peaceful in there I could describe for you every detail of the vessel that holds the Eucharist.

We ate like kings for the weekend, the food and fellowship was awesome. Life is good, and there is much to live for.

I learned that reguardless of faith or creed good people are good people, and love is love, and service is service.

That's cool Seth. icon_razz.gif:P--> I like being more open-minded about things now and realizing that I'm not opening doors to devil spirits. There is good in a lot of things. I spent 20 years in twi missing out on a lot. But God is good in that He is helping me to make up for lost time.