GreaseSpot Cafe

Peggy and Bernie Holley

Paradiseden

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to get in touch with Peggy (Margaret) and Bernie Holley. They lived in New Hampshire and worked at Way headquarters for a time. Thanks.

[This message was edited by Paradiseden on June 28, 2002 at 18:26.]

[This message was edited by Paradiseden on June 29, 2002 at 11:48.]

• 3 weeks later...

I hate to bring you sad news, but Bernie died about 18 months/2 years ago. He and Margret were on Staff at HQ. Margret was still there singing in the chorus, last we heard.

We knew them both and were very saddened by the news. Margret sent us a short note of thanks for keeping her in our prayers.

They made grape jam every year at hq using the grapes from around grounds and would give us a jar for our family to enjoy...very sweet and loving couple.

• 1 year later...
icon_smile.gif:)--> I KNEW PEGGY BELLE AND BERNIE VERY WELL. I LIVED WITH THEM IN NEW LONDON, NEW HAMPSHIRE FOR A FEW MONTHS IN 1979 JUST BEFORE I WENT WOW. IT WAS A LITTLE PLACE WE CALLED HEAVENLY HILL. IT WAS SOME OF THE BEST TIME I HAD IN MY LIFE AND I HAVE MANY WONDERFUL MEMORIES FROM MY TIME THERE WITH THEM. PEGGY'S SISTER JOANNE BROUDER AND HER BABY SON JAMIE DAWN ALSO LIVED THERE WITH US. MANY STATE FUNCTIONS WERE HEALD AT HEAVENLY HILL. AT ONE TIME THE PLACE WAS A BOYS CAMP RUN BY PEGGY'S FATHER. I REMEMBER ONCE ALL THE BELIEVERS IN THE STATE SPENT THE WEEKEND THERE. I HAD HEARD OF BERNIES' PASSING WHEN I CALLED HEADQUARTERS LOOKING FOR THEM AND SOME OTHER FRIENDS. I WAS RUDELY TOLD THAT THEY WOULD NOT GIVE ME A PHONE NUMBER FOR PEG THAT ALL I COULD DO IS WRITE TO HER AND SEND IT TO OHIO AND THEY WOULD FORWARD TO HER. THIS IS BECAUSE I AM NO LONGER STANDING. I TOLD THEM THEY JUST GAVE ME YET ANOTHER REASON FOR MY EX-WAY STATUS. I GOT OUT IN 83 SO I MISSED MOST OF THE CRAP THAT WENT ON INTERNALLY, BUT IT IS CLEAR TO ME THAT THE PRESENT DAY WAY DOESN'T RESEMBLE THE MINISTRY I KNEW SO WELL. I DO MISS THE PEOPLE I LOVED DEARLY. I WILL NEVER FORGET THE SOUND OF PEGGY BELLE SINGING AS SHE WENT ABOUT HER DAILY ACTIVITIES AT HEAVENLY HILL. THE PLACE WOULD BE VERY QUIET AND STILL AND THEN OUT OF NOWHERE THE SUOND WOULD FILL THE AIR AND GOD'S LOVE WOULD FILL MY HEART. A MEMORY I STILL TREASURE.

• 1 year later...