GreaseSpot Cafe

Program Files\CommonName\AddressBar\comwiz.exe

excathedra

what is it ? why can't i get rid of it ? why does the lava thingy pick it up but can't get rid of it

now it's telling me there's an error opening this file for writing

i just think this is something weird

plus i can't seem to stop pop-ups anymore

and where are cookies in windows XP ? should i get rid of them ? would this help ?

i know i'm a pain

?

More Info: I did a search on comwiz.exe and it doesn't look like Ad-aware or Search and Destroy will get rid of it. Now, I don't know how old that posting was, and they may have it in thier database by now, so go ahead and download and run it like I said, but I'll look for more info for you on how to get rid of it.

Rick

Found this on a message board, maybe it's this easy. Give it a try, anyway!

For removing those exes go to ADD/REMOVE software in configuration. ---he means under control panel/add and remove software, I'm sure.--Rick Remove "commonname". You have to be online. You'll be connected to commonname. There you''ll be asked if you're sure.....If yes then you can download an uninstall-tool.

Where the hell did the edit button go?

Wanted to add...search and destroy gives you an "immunize" option, which will help protect you from getting the stuff again. It doesn't work great, and it doesn't work for all malware, but it's of some help at least. And with all the crap floating around the internt these day's, every little bit helps.

Excathedra, do the following if the problem still exist.

Run hijackthis and post the log here in this thread.

http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

There are numerous ways to solve your problem. It depends on what?s inside your Registry, Hard Drive, and how certain files are interrelated. Some .exe files are harder to get rid off than others. Provide me with the hijackthis.log and I?ll let you know what to do. Also, there are other avenues that are much easier to execute, but I am interested in seeing the content of your Registry and Hard Drive. Good Luck.

The message below was prompted by a network glitch caused by the negligence of the organization that was supposed to upgrade this site. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

[This message was edited by Brady on February 01, 2004 at 1:42.]