GreaseSpot Cafe

What Soldiers eat

Zshot

I did a "copy and paste" from a military forum that I sometimes check out...

Below are a few things Soldiers do with MRE's (Meals Ready to Eat).

MRE's are basicly de-hydraited meals (just add water) with either peanut butter or a cheese spread.

I thought it was intresting...

Take 1 bottle of water/coke/etc. Remove label. Put in the contents of 3 MRE heaters. Add 6 tobasco bottles.

Add some water, quickly screw lid on, shake up, and launch at target... INSTANT RIOT CONTROL GRENADE!!!!!

Other suggestions for MRE's:

Take 1.5L bottle of water, drink about 3" off the top. Add 6 coffee packets, 10 sugar packets, and 2 cocoa packets. Place in cooler/fridge/etc to cool to a near frozen temp (below 40* is best). You now have 1.5L of of iced cappucino.

Add the jalepeno cheese to the chili mac. 'Nuff said.

Take cocoa pack, mix with a little water to form a paste. Stir in peanut butter. Spread on crackers, cookie bars, etc. Instant Reese's flavored snack.

Mix 1 pack of each kool-aid flavor for "suicide punch."

Take 3 cocoa packs, mix with water (in your canteen cup). Simmer on pot-bellied stove for about 15 minutes. Dip crackers in cocoa mix, let cool. The cocoa hardens around the cracker, forming a crunchy cookie bar.

If you acquire some of the shelf-stable bread, heat up the beefsteak, and place between 2 pieces. Add the cheese spread, and you have a steakburger with cheese.