GreaseSpot Cafe

What Happened To My Thread?

J0nny Ling0

Laleo:

I guess I am just a simple idiot. Ya know, I don't spend that much time figuring out the in's and out's of "forum thread ins and outs". I am a stupid Carpenter who works ten hours (plus) a day, and when I post a thread about a quote from one of our Founding Fathers that I thought was "neat", and find that it disappears(sp?), I simply asked the question: "What happened to my thread?"

Now, if you think that; "This is me making a big deal out of it", then I am very sorry that you have had the misfortune of coming into contact with my unbelieveable stupidity for not understanding the ins and outs of "thread houskeeping details".

Really, I am sorry that I am not as smart as Garth when you said, and I quote:

quote:
Um, Jonny, only one hour passed from the time that you asked where your thread was until Garth answered. Was it really that tough to find? When I can't find one of my posts, I look in my profile to see where it went.

And so lal-ee ohhh, sorry if I am not as smart as the rest around here. Bless you too, and **** me for being so gawdammed stoopeed...

quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Lingo:

Maybe when Christ comes back I will be blessed with a better brain, or somethin...

Well, if that's what it's gonna take, I'm praying he comes back soon.

Really, I didn't mean to imply that you are stupid, although being as "smart as Garth" is something we should all aspire to, don't you think?

Okay, I'll stop now.

I'm glad you found your thread. And if this thread helped in the effort of locating that one, then that's great. I'm glad it all worked out. I like happpy endings. icon_smile.gif:)-->

quote:
Really, I am sorry that I am not as smart as Garth when you said, and I quote: ...

No sweat Jonny, you're a pretty smart dude anyway, judging by your posts overall. Seemingly vanishing threads can be quite disruptive when they aren't there where we have placed them initially.

Dave,

quote:
8. Will I be starting any other threads given these rules? No

Promises, promises. All we get are promises!

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Vickles, You can also use the search function, in the drop down menu on the "Find" tab. If you don't remember who said what but remember someone said something, you can type it in and see what comes up. If you know more information, like the forum or user name, then use the "Advanced Search" feature.

Sometimes the "search" function doesn't work, though, so it's hit or miss.

I believe all you wanted was to know where you thread went Jonny. Things are simple when you know them, but the learning curve is steeper for some than others.

Sometimes some of us (I'm talking about me in particular) forget that everybody doesn't know how this stuff works. I've been around computers a while, and even I don't know all there is to know about how these things work. You're not stupid, just inexperienced. I didn't know that if I clicked on the post numbers I'd get into the profile and I've been around this forum a while.

Hey. Thanks All.

Really, all I wanted to know was where my thread went. And actually, I know that I am not stupid (thanks Garth), but sometimes I am tempted to think that. The old Accuser ya know....

But I think that it is nice for those of you who offered constructive nformation as to "where my thread went" as opposed to negative input about not looking in the obvious places which were not so obvious to me, the dunderhead....

Over all, I like this place. I have been repremanded from time to time for being obnoxious and even (at times) scathing in my opinions, and that is ok. I know that we are all here to share our experiences while in The Way, and that all of our opinions are not necessarily the same...

Anyhoo. thanks for finding my thread for me, and, even though it is a thread of not much merit, thanks for telling me where it went.

From now on, whenever a thread of mine "goes away", I will make sure to search around for it until I find it...