GreaseSpot Cafe

Flaming Sword/The Garden of Eden

God first

Beloved The Song Remains the Same

God loves you my dear friend

Ok I will try

"Garden of Eden" is the spiritual home of Adam and Eve the first heaven and earth

The second heaven and earth came when they were cast out of the first into the second by sin

What is the "flaming sword" the spirit of the word of God

Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

This was the sword that came to pass cutting them off from spiritual life to live only fleshly life until Christ

We are still looking for the third heaven and earth when sin is gone

Today sin is forgiven by Christ but we can still sin until we get a heaven and earth without sin

thats all

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

"The Adam and Eve story is incomprehensible to me!" I observed with considerable heat one day in my early struggles with the allegory. "Why did God punish not only the guilty pair, but also the innocent unborn generations?"

Master was more amused by my vehemence than my ignorance. "Genesis is deeply symbolic, and cannot be grasped by a literal interpretation," he explained. "Its 'tree of life' is the human body. The spinal cord is like an upturned tree, with man's hair as its roots, and afferent and efferent nerves as branches. The tree of the nervous system bears many enjoyable fruits, or sensations of sight, sound, smell, taste, and touch. In these, man may rightfully indulge; but he was forbidden the experience of sex, the 'apple' at the center of the bodily garden.14

"The 'serpent' represents the coiled-up spinal energy which stimulates the sex nerves. 'Adam' is reason, and 'Eve' is feeling. When the emotion or Eve-consciousness in any human being is overpowered by the sex impulse, his reason or Adam also succumbs.15

"God created the human species by materializing the bodies of man and woman through the force of His will; He endowed the new species with the power to create children in a similar 'immaculate' or divine manner.16 Because His manifestation in the individualized soul had hitherto been limited to animals, instinct-bound and lacking the potentialities of full reason, God made the first human bodies, symbolically called Adam and Eve. To these, for advantageous upward evolution, He transferred the souls or divine essence of two animals. 17 In Adam or man, reason predominated; in Eve or woman, feeling was ascendant. Thus was expressed the duality or polarity which underlies the phenomenal worlds. Reason and feeling remain in a heaven of cooperative joy so long as the human mind is not tricked by the serpentine energy of animal propensities.

"The human body was therefore not solely a result of evolution from beasts, but was produced by an act of special creation by God. The animal forms were too crude to express full divinity; the human being was uniquely given a tremendous mental capacity—the 'thousand-petaled lotus' of the brain—as well as acutely awakened occult centers in the spine.

"God, or the Divine Consciousness present within the first created pair, counseled them to enjoy all human sensibilities, but not to put their concentration on touch sensations.18 These were banned in order to avoid the development of the sex organs, which would enmesh humanity in the inferior animal method of propagation. The warning not to revive subconsciously-present bestial memories was not heeded. Resuming the way of brute procreation, Adam and Eve fell from the state of heavenly joy natural to the original perfect man.

"Knowledge of 'good and evil' refers to the cosmic dualistic compulsion. Falling under the sway of maya through misuse of his feeling and reason, or Eve—and Adam—consciousness, man relinquishes his right to enter the heavenly garden of divine self-sufficiency. 19 The personal responsibility of every human being is to restore his 'parents' or dual nature to a unified harmony or Eden."

As Sri Yukteswar ended his discourse, I glanced with new respect at the pages of Genesis.

"Dear Master,' I said, "for the first time I feel a proper filial obligation toward Adam and Eve!"

Autobiography of a Yogi

by Paramahansa Yogananda

Original 1946 Edition

CHAPTER 16

Outwitting the Stars

In 1975 I came into TWI with the above thoughts. Was told this was devil spirit stuff.

I left it back then and embarked on a journey of twenty years with TWI.

Thirty years later I am reviewing this source again to consider its validity.

God first

Beloved Song

God bless your loving heart

I have enjoy every word you wrote because it made me think but give me time to take it in

You see I see that what you said is true but is it the complete picture I must ask now

Was there a fleshly or spiritual Eden too were they live

I think you are seeing the understanding that God taught you but is there more to the picture

Is that how God had to explain it for your understanding or the point you are looking at it from

Like I may look at the body from the outside and you may look at the same body from the inside

But if we put both points of view together we have the wholt body view

This is what I nust pray and think about because I see the garden as a spiritual garden that has spiritual fruit and natural fruit

The spiritual fruit for spiritual life and the natural fruit for natural food but another spiritual tree in the mist one of good or evil

Since Adam had only good he receive bad or since he had only life he received spiritual death which came from sin bringing about a later natural death

But who am I

Keep on thinking because I love every word my dear friend

thanks

Let me throw this in

My friend Adam was a real person but he grow from one Adam cell which broke in hapt (one being Adam the other Eve) His hapt grow into a seed the seed grow into a person named Adam

Now God took from the Adam cell and made Eve and that hapt cell grow into a whole cell making a seed and then a person named Eve

Now you look at Adam as a cell or a seed which is made up on cells or a person made of many seeds

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

quote:

God first

Roy, that is what I am trying once again. Seems that statement has been in my life since childhood. And now appears again. What else am I to persue considering my life is but a breath?

Beloved Song

Thank you Roy.

Forgive me I am using bold text, but the italics seem to blend so much that this reply may be hard to follow. I want to respond to each of your statements/questions/etc utilizing this style/format of response to you.

Thoughts and experiences within each other within each other~~~

I have enjoy every word you wrote because it made me think but give me time to take it in

Yes, those words made me think thirty years ago that there is something lost and could be found/regained.

But, then I met TWI and thought, "I had found the truth!".

I was deceived, but yet learned much about the KJV and the cost was high maintenance of mine mind. TWI is a damnable expensive way to learn the KJV. I was seeking truth and not control of my life.

Take all the time you need Sir Roy. I have just as much as you to take it in.

We have all our breath in this life and the one to come.

I think it be a neverending story wherein things do end but continue on beyound the scope of duracell batteries.

You see I see that what you said is true but is it the complete picture I must ask now

You ask much. I do not have the complete picture. And if i did, that picture would be incomplete. It's a finite world afterall!

Was there a fleshly or spiritual Eden too were they live

There must have been fleshly as well as spiritual if there so be any thing spiritual at all. I can certainly speak for the flesh for it seems quite evident to me that I have a physical body.

If Christ is for real, that's another piece of the "complete picture" that only the Amazing Randi can answer as well as all other religions of skeptical knowledge of truth, whatever truth may be, and religion be the most liar of all the truth, if there be such a "THE TRUTH"!!!

I think you are seeing the understanding that God taught you but is there more to the picture

Is that how God had to explain it for your understanding or the point you are looking at it from

Like I may look at the body from the outside and you may look at the same body from the inside

This is what I nust pray and think about because I see the garden as a spiritual garden that has spiritual fruit and natural fruit

The spiritual fruit for spiritual life and the natural fruit for natural food but another spiritual tree in the mist one of good or evil

Since Adam had only good he receive bad or since he had only life he received spiritual death which came from sin bringing about a later natural death

But who am I

thanks

Let me throw this in

My friend Adam was a real person but he grow from one Adam cell which broke in hapt (one being Adam the other Eve) His hapt grow into a seed the seed grow into a person named Adam

Now God took from the Adam cell and made Eve and that hapt cell grow into a whole cell making a seed and then a person named Eve

Now you look at Adam as a cell or a seed which is made up on cells or a person made of many seeds

I am now taking a break Sir Roy.

Rok On

Song

quote:
What is the "flaming sword" in Genesis 3:24?

What is the "Garden of Eden"?

Good question, Song.

I hung out with a Messianic outfit for a year or so.

Their teaching was that anytime you saw *beam of light*, or flaming sword mentioned in the bible, it was the same thing -- God protecting His domain.

I can't find the verse, but I remember them teaching about a beam of light that came from between the two cherubim on top of the ark of the covenant.

the Ark of the Covenant had:

manna;

the 10 commandments;

and Aaron's rod, that budded with almond blossoms.

in other words ---

the bread of life

the written word

and a *dead* stick, that came to life.

all pointing to Jesus Christ.

Their contention was that if you came up to the ark, and the beam of light coming from between the cherubim, that was the gateway to Eden (God guarding the door to the tree of life).

The flaming sword of Gen.3:24 was the same as any other time you see a mention of a beam of light in the Word.

don't ask me to explain.

I left them over two years ago, and this is kinda fuzzy, but this is what I remember from them. It wasn't something they promoted as really important, but they taught it none-the-less.

quote:
Their contention was that if you came up to the ark and the beam of light coming from between the cherubim, that was the gateway to Eden (God guarding the door to the tree of life).

The flaming sword of Gen.3:24 was the same as any other time you see a mention of a beam of light in the Word.

The first time I heard them teach this, I immediately thought of STARGATE-1, the series on tv!

and believe it or not -- it made some sort of sense to me.

The only problem I have, is that I haven't found SG-1 yet.

Or it could be a real story about two perfect beings deceived by a fallen angel masquerading as a serpent.

And the consequences of their rebellion was so severe that it left its stain upon all mankind.

But God, being just and loving, made a promise of a redeemer who come and crush the serpent and restore man from his fallen state.

The lesson here is to accept the offer of salvation from the redeemer, because there is no name other than his that can save you.

I am now taking a break Sir Roy....

quote:
Roy>>>Was there a fleshly or spiritual Eden too were they live

>>>Song>>>There must have been fleshly as well as spiritual if there so be any thing spiritual at all. I can certainly speak for the flesh for it seems quite evident to me that I have a physical body.

If Christ is for real, that's another piece of the "complete picture" that only the Amazing Randi can answer as well as all other religions of skeptical knowledge of truth, whatever truth may be, and religion be the most liar of all the truth, if there be such a "THE TRUTH"!!!

I am back...

The picture does continue to develope beyond the understanding of "God".

You seem so sure that "God" "has" to explain anything. Maybe we already understand and just don't know it. Observation points depend upon many places from which one is observing.

Those observation points seems to me that from what ever observation point i may have the privelege to view, Gods explanation is that i am in the center, that is considering eternity. And to consider eternity from this point of view is finite to say the most, and of course the least.

Well

But who am I

thanks

Let me throw this in

INTERMEZZO

sONG

Kewl Jamin' with ya Roy~~~

quote:

Well~~~ that's quite an alternate tuning dude!!!

awerite

i will try~~~

ya gotta give me time on this one~~~

But who am I

thanks

Let me throw this in

God first

Beloved Song

I have been kepting up with this tread and have been doing a lot of thinking and talking to God about this subject

My outcome is God teaches about the garden of Eve in many natural ways depending on the person state of understanding

Like it might teach a lawer with fancy words and a farmer with simple words

But this would be the natural view which its very important while I belive the way he taught you was to help you see some of the spiritual highlights of the importance of this part of the bible

But he may teach me differ spiritual highlights of the importance of this part of the bible

Look there is the why, when, how, value to men, value to God and many on top of many spiritual or natural points he may want you to see

The bible is used so must but has meaning deeper than we may see at one point of time

I may ask God why or you might ask how or many of the other things about the real life story he pick to use in teaching us his love

that is all I know to Add but kept it up this is a great tread

Now I may not answer a lot but I am reading and talking to God about it

thanks

with love and a holy spiritual kiss blowing your way Roy

quote:
Or it could be a real story about two perfect beings deceived by a fallen angel masquerading as a serpent.

And the consequences of their rebellion was so severe that it left its stain upon all mankind.

But God, being just and loving, made a promise of a redeemer who come and crush the serpent and restore man from his fallen state.

The lesson here is to accept the offer of salvation from the redeemer, because there is no name other than his that can save you.

def59~~~

Fallen angels~~~ well I suppose and not sure about angels that are as fallen as we.

Devil spirits and all that sort of stuff

To be in the actual presence of GOD and rebel seems the same thing that happened in the Garden Of Eden when God was walking in the cool (wind) of the day~~~