GreaseSpot Cafe

colburns (sp?)

nandon

• 4 weeks later...

they were dolls, they were in the corpse with me. When I first came to Waydale I was saddened to see Sam still in Kansas....in more ways than one, quite the "ministry leader" (such a title for such a joke)

the kids were Christa, Deborah and Laura.

I remember Pat telling me once while in rez that she wished she was still home playing marjhon with her friends. I hope someday they wake up and smell the coffee. I loved them so.

suz

• 3 weeks later...

When the lawsuit was announced Sam and Pat were the Branch Coordinators of Kansas City (including both the Kansas and Missouri sides AND the one fellowship in Nebraska)

Shortly thereafter they were dropped from the Way Corps and put on probation for unspecified (to us)reasons. There were hints that it was problems within their marriage, but the Missouri RC/LC was known to lie when it suited him.

I do not know if they left twi or went back when their probation was up.

Oakspear

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice...but in practice there is

[This message was edited by Oakspear on August 25, 2002 at 16:22.]

• 1 month later...

God really does have things under control.

And He really does win in the end.

And oftentimes way before that as well.

I have had dear friends apologize for being mean to me in TWI. I have had children I used to have in Children's fellowship find me on these WayDale/Greasespot Cafe places. . .

He really is full of surprises -- surprises that surprise even such a hopeless case as myself.

And we have such nice environment for a waiting room while we wait for His promises to come to pass.

(The Coburns are precious to me and Fred also. We miss them and would love to see them again as well.)

Hope you are enjoying yourself at the Greasespot Cafe. saladtoss.gif

Kit Soberangelkit.gif

The course of the bubonic plague was turned by the concept of clean.

• 3 months later...

Actually Sam and Pat have 2 younger children too. Scott and Becka. The last I heard,,,, and that was about 6 months ago they were in Lee's Summit Misouri. They left the ministry and separated. Rumor was that they started going back to fellowship and got back together. I don't really know what is true in that whole scenario since the info came down through the ranks of twi leadership.

Sam used to call me all the time with computer questions, but after the fall out I haven't heard from him. I tried his old e-mail and phone number and couldn't get him. Haven't tried information, since I just recently left the ministry, and while in I wasn't supposed to contact him because he was M & A'd.

Try information in Lee's Summit Misouri. I know their kids were pretty well established there as far as activities go and they probably haven't left yet since they are still in school.

Debrah, however got married to someone outside of twi (a lawyer). Kudos to her.

I liked Sam and Pat. They are good people.

• 8 months later...

Sam Coburn was my first twig coordinator and I took PFAL at his house in Dec. 1985. The last time I saw him was the summer of 1989 when he tried to talk me out of leaving the ministry. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for him. He led me in SIT and really did a lot for me in the beginning. I hope God is blessing him.

Karen

• 1 month later...

Sam is "out" and is registered here on GreaseSpotCafe as Scoburn. Another GSer noticed his name is the "blue box" one night while we werre in chat. I have emailed back and forth with him a few times.

His profile shows that he is in Independence, Missouri.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice...but in practice there is

Oakspear icon_cool.gif