GreaseSpot Cafe

There is Life after the Way!

newlife

Hello everyone,

I haven't posted here for a very,very, long time. When I first left, I came here pretty consistently. It was a connection with all of you that was healing, and comforting..thank-you.

For those who have recently left, or are considering leaving...I just wanted to post something.

I can tell you my experiences in the ministry, but what I really want to tell you is my experiences out of the ministry. I can't speak for people, only for myself. I had a very difficult time after I left the ministry. I didn't know if I was coming or going. I felt like I was so confused and mixed up and didn't trust anyone. And I was wondering where my answers and healing was going to come from. God had my life in His hands and I really wasn't aware of it at the time. Through some circumstances, I wound up in a 12 step program...much to my surprise let me tell you.

And the only reason, at first, that I thought I was there, was to help them! (I laugh at that now). It was them who helped me. I found that I have an addictive personality. And so started my journey into recovery. Recovery of my life, of myself, of my world. I had no idea where I was going and what my life would look like. The only thing I knew and definitely sure of was...I couldn't go back...only forward.

That was in 1995. I had been out of the ministry since 1988..and those years basically I think I just hung on...till I got in recovery.

It's been over 10 years since I went to that group of 12 steppers. My life has DRAMATICALLY changed. IN a way only God could do. I felt in the beginning I was really in such a place, that not even GOD could put me back together, but He did. I can only say that I have done things that when I was in the ministry I would have never considered. Like counseling/therapy--12 step groups, church etc....all the things I said NEVER would you see me do....yet I did. I knew it was God leading and I knew if I was to have the life He desired for me to have then I had to let go of some old ideas, and move forward with some new. In this journey, I've learned that I had a chemical imbalance and got on medication. Changed my life. I didn't know that was a even a problem until I went to counseling. I thank God I did. I've learned that other people can be right, I've learned that I am not that important. I've learned that I have character flaws and God has graciously and gently helps me change. The old transformation verses...they are very true. I've learned that I don't know everything about everything. My life today looks nothing like it did 16 years ago. I'm for the most part happy, and blessed. And it's not about "things" I have or haven't got. IT's about the inside of me changing. There is little anger, or bitterness now. There is peace and serenity. My whole attitude has changed towards God and people.

I'd say God did miracles for me in many many ways and many many times. All of which would take eons of time to write about, such as healing from cancer.

In the beginning of this journey, God spoke to me in His word and He shared Daniel chapter 4 about the king...losing his mind. And God restored his sanity and life when he finally acknowledged that God is God. That was what started me on this journey and that is what keeps me on the path. God told me, I'll do that for you if you acknowledge me as God. I had alwaysthought that is what I had done.But I started learning what he meant...ANd I continue to learn how to let Him be who He is in my life..God.

I'm sorry to take so much room, I had a lot to say and I've actually condensed it. I'm active in a church, and I'm active in a biblical based recovery program called Celebrate Recovery. It is where God has placed me to help others find their path and find God.

I wish you all well on your journey. We are never alone and God has so much for us....things we haven't even thought or dreamed about yet. Keep on Keeping on...it's worth it!

God Bless You All,

Newlife

newlife, welcome back. Thank you so much for taking the time to post your story.

I have been out since 1994 and I can truly say that these years post=twi have been my most prosperous and humbling that I have ever experienced.

I also attend church and have learned that I dont know it all either. I think that is the first thing we have to acknowledge for God to START working in us.

Also am begining to realize who this Jesus is that I had not heard about since I was a teenager attending church. The absent Christ is the twi way. What a crock.

Anyway, thanks again for your story. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Newlife

Thank you for sharing. Thank God you have forund your way. God's way.

When I left i wrote a letter telling HQ that I was leaving and for what reson.

I never even got a reply. I found out real quick that I meant absoulutely nothing to them. As if i was just a number. Fealt much like you alone and confused.

God is faitful and keeps his promises. he will never leave us are forsake us.

TWI was an is a joke. A bad joke. Like that old Bee Gee's song (I started to cry and the whole world started to laught).

God is so much bigger that broken cisterns of that cult. Funny that is the first verse that vp used in his class. Broken cisters which they created to entrap hsi children.

God is not of them.