GreaseSpot Cafe

Sickness is death in Part

likeaneagle

Now to me THAT is also death in part or in whole. It is death of the soul and it is much graver than the death of the body.

OOPPS - I thonk I just got off topic - my bad...

Off topic?? Naw -- I think you're taking it up to the next level. :)

If docvic said and believed that sickness was death in part or in whole (and he was talking about the human body) -- think of the ramifications of that there with the spiritual body.

More specifically the twi body. icon_eek.gif

Sickness (infection or whatever) within the spiritual body would do the same -- death in part or in whole. Am surprised docvic didn't talk about this (since he *spiritualized* fornication and adultary to his benefit), to make a point that twi shouldn't have any *sickness* causing that death (in part or whole --POW).

Or maybe he did -- with all the M&A, and the debbul spirit accusations made against righteous folk who happened to think twi was off track in some areas. And because of that, what you said about us being part of the problem doesn't really hold water, since it was made quite clear, that if we were interested in fellowshipping with the *One True Body* of twi, then we had to listen to (and agree with) the MOG.

Personally -- I believe sickness is *death* in POW, but I agree with Geo about the *sloganizing* of things like this that make no concrete point, but are only intended to make the speaker sound like they know what they are talking about.

Now -- if dear old docvic had *spiritualized* this and was talking about twi, he mighta had some fire behind that statement, since that sickness woulda caused death in POW, and hit him where it hurt most -- the wallet. ;)

David

Or maybe he did -- with all the M&A, and the debbul spirit accusations made against righteous folk who happened to think twi was off track in some areas. And because of that, what you said about us being part of the problem doesn't really hold water, since it was made quite clear, that if we were interested in fellowshipping with the *One True Body* of twi, then we had to listen to (and agree with) the MOG.

;)

David

I was long gone by the time M& A had begun. UGH! How ANYONE bought that line of cr*p was and is beyond me. In that case the non-thinkers who ratted out their brothers were the problem - and they fall into the collective"we" because they weren't LCM or BOT. The Body was very ill.

Ok now i'm going to really go out on a limb and repeat my favorite pet peeve that started back right before TWI was on the was down. i think this kind of thinking still prevails - but i'm not sure.

I was talking to a branch coordinator's wife. She had been 6th corps, wife of a limb coordinator, and had lived at International a loooooong time. She was referring to another person and called them a rank unbeliever. I had had it. How did she know that this wasn't a carnal Christian? O one who wasn't fully instructed? I asked her if she had had any revelationt that this person wasn't born again - any visions of a black heart? - No? well them she couldn't be sure and should refer to them as a person. No boxes, no labels. I began to hate the jingoistic attitude that prevailed in TWI.

We all started to think of ourselves as the only Christians on earth. WE were the Body of Christ! OMG how many important members of the true body of Christ had we dismissed as useless? - THAT is just how sick the Body was.

It occured to me once I became a parent that when my kids fight I don't really care who's right or wrong - I HATE the fighting!!!! It breaks my heart! If one kid treats another badly it really doesn't matter if she is in the right or not - she's wrong for her wrong action.

God must surely feel the same way. If we being evil can hate injustice - God must LOATHE it. I don't tell people anything about myself other thatn I am a Christian if they ask about my "religion" Why does "brand name " matter?

I recall a class on Biblical research in which one of the teacher pointed out that Bullinger had a following that loved research and their downfall was their legalism and their mistreatment of people. - sound familiar?