god i love ya girl

when i go lobstering this spring

would you be interested in a little!!?? :beer:

belle

i never got an email; from you??

it is coolchef @usadatanet .net

sorry

So, CC,

what's the address? Maybe we should move over to the private messaging or the moderator may descend upon us in their wrath for this open talk about matters private or whatever.

And, sorry Belle, but well, the only reason I am sending some to cool chef is because of his constant harrassment.... :)

I know, Johnny, I'm just giving him sh!t ---- as Mama would say... :biglaugh:

It made him nervous enough to respond, didn't it??? ;)

Silly me, Chef, I sent it to you at adelphia.net as your sign on name mentions..... :redface:

ALTHOUGH.....I am highly willing to swap muscadine wine and/or Edam cheese balls for some good seafood, belive it or not, it's awfully hard to find down here.

"As Mama would say"? Well then maybe there is somthin wrong with Mama's Medulla Oblongada!

Haha! Now I am giving you some sh!t. No doubt yore Mama is a lovely person...And just for the record Belle, what part of the South are you from? Now, I am not asking for your physical address you foxy Southern Belle you, but, since you said; "good seafood, believe it or not, it's awfully hard to find down here", I am wondering where. The Gulf States? Or maybe it was Florida. Were you the one who started the "You know you live in FLA when...thread"? Maybe that was it. Just curious...

Yeah seafood. Gotta love it. What we have an abundance of up here is of course salmon (the best being Sockeye imo), King Crab (but not always easy to come by-but I do know a few good "holes"), lots and lots of Dungeness Crab, which, really is about as good as King Crab but they are smaller is all, Tanner Crab, which are marketed as "Snow Crab" in the Lower 48, and tons of shrimp! Yes, we have Tiger Prawns, Spot Prawns, and the lesser sought after "Coon Stripe" shrimp which simply abound! Nothin "funner than pullin shrimp pots and glorying in the bounty from the sea! Right now, a shrimper friend of mine sold us thirty pounds of Spot Prawns for cheap cheap cheap. My boat is gone now, (sold it), and so, I prevail upon my commercial fishin friends for deals. Actually we act as brokers for them, and usually our "pay" is in bags of shrimp. But, outr main connection up in Haines, AK has a broken down boat, and so we had to buy from another friend. But, five of those thirty pounds are in the frideg (never been frozen), and waiting to be turned into Seafood Fettucini Alfredo, a family favorite. And we have clams, but for some reason, even though these are cold waters like Cool Chef's Maine waters, we have to be careful of "toxic shellfish poisoning"...

Also, there is a really nice whitefish that lives fathoms and fathoms deep known as "Black Cod". And man, I loves smoked Black Cod which is served hot. Mmmm mmmm mmm!

Okay, that's the fish report...Love you!

Ahhh, Jonny, I used to work for a magazine called "Fish & Game Finder" - I was a typesetter, graphic artist among other things. I loved seeing pictures of beautiful fish and awesome game every day. Ted Nugent regularly sent in photos from his expeditions. I would crop the game out of the pictures and hang him up in my work station.

I was born and raised in NE Mississippi, where there IS no seafood to be found unless you count fried fish sticks from the grunchy store. :P

I've been in the Orlando, FL area since 1991 and I *thought* we had good raw oysters down here till I visited a very dear friend in the Boston area and found out what I had REALLY been missing out on! Lobster, Steamers, Oysters ordered by the area where they were harvested.....I could go on and on and on..... OMG! FL seafood can't hold a candle to what I had in Bawston!

Now I'm ruined for FL seafood. It's still good, but it only makes me wish I could afford to eat NE area seafood all the time. :unsure: Maybe if I win the lottery one day..........

I LOVE Snow Crab! In fact, my favorite restaurant on Daytona Beach has really good Snow Crab and you can sit ON the beach to eat them. They have good scallops, too. In fact, the first year I was down here I was so broke I couldn't afford a tree, much less decorations for it. My office gave me the one we had put up in the office for free after we closed for the holiday. We all went to an all you can eat scallop dinner and I saved everyone's scallop shells. I borrowed a hot glue gun from a co-worker, she gave me some red ribbons and I made scallop shell decorations for my tree, strung popcorn and made a big bow for the top of it. Not bad for a Charlie Brown tree. :P I've saved some of those ornaments to remind me of where I came from and love to add them to the tree each year. But I digress....

Would Coon Stripe Shrimp be anything like Tiger Shrimp? We have Rock Shrimp down here which have hard shells like lobsters on them and they're good, but can tear your fingers up if they aren't fixed right.

I am a huge salmon fan, but all we get down here are farm-raised salmon and they aren't as flavorful as the "natural" ones. :) My favorite way to fix it is with a honey-ginger-lime marinade and glaze. Yummy!!!

Oh, there IS a Caribbean lady at the Farmers Market downtown who sells THE best conch fritters I've had outside da islands.

I don't know that I've ever had smoked fish of any kind. Sounds good, though!

I grew up on "southern" seafood - crawfish, fried shrimp, fried catfish and hushpuppies.... ;)

Now that I'm totally starving and craving some raw oysters and cold beer - I'm outta here....... :D

Moony, I"m looking you up if I get to your neck of the woods sometime!!

I was on a cruise and we stopped in the Bahamas for a day of shopping - Belle went shopping alright - shopping for FRESH MADE BEFORE YOUR EYES CONCH FRITTERS! :P They were everywhere! We ate at one little place where the guy was pulling the conch out of the shells and sneding them to the kitchen to be made into fritters. YUMMY!!! :wub:

Littlehawk, I'll take you up on that offer!!! BTW, when are you and Cory going to be in this neck of the woods? I"m leaving Friday and will be back on Tuesday. I have an extra bedroom if you gentlemen can make your way through O-Town and would like to kick yer boots off fer a bit.

I'd sure love to see y'all agin! I make a mean pitcher of iced tea and it'd be fun to have a couple o' guinea pigs for that awesome seared tuna recipe variation you got my mouth waterin' with. ;)