GreaseSpot Cafe

FLASHCHAT

HAPe4me

I do not know if Paw is going to keep Flashchat yet, and I don't think he has decided, but for now, it seems to be the one of choice for its speed of loading.

I am posting these instructions to change your settings in flashchat, if you want to use them. The default background of blue does not allow you to see chatters who use darker colors for their text. If you don't care about seeing others, you can chat with yourself and not do anything! Since the program will save your settings, you only have to do this once, and they will be there when you come back next time.

PLEASE PRINT THEM, so you can refer to them when you try to use them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you do not care about seeing everyone's colors, you can just do this:

Click Options> Text tab> Checkmark the box next to "use my text color for all received messages"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone should do at least the FIRST step below, otherwise your default font will be WHITE and NOBODY will be able to see you if they have done the other steps and made their chat background white. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FIRST: At the bottom, to the right of the I (italics) is the place you select your text color. Set your color to light GRAY for the moment. You can make it anything you want later, but for now this will allow you to see the chat room for now.

SECOND: Click Options> effects tab> in the middle it says "Background". Under that it says "Show Background" UNcheck the box in front of those words.

Click OK

THIRD: Click Options> Themes> find the place in the right column that says "Public Log background" . To the right of that is a color selecting box. I suggest you select a white or beige color (if white is too bright for you). Click OK

FOURTH: Click on the square to the right of I (italics) near the bottom of the chatroom, and select the color you want to use for YOUR font color. Do not pick WHITE or you will be in deep doodoo. Do NOT pick Teal, or you will be on my doodoo list (my list is not as deep a ........).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AVATARS: You can select an avatar from the large list, or you can apparently upload your own, (I have not tried that yet). Avatars can be placed in front of your name in the User List, and/ or in front of your posts in chat. Here is how.

Click Options> Effects.

On the top left, is the Avatar section.

Checkmark the box to the left of the word "MAIN Chat"

Select an avatar from the drop down list to the right of MAIN.

This will post your chosen avatar next to your posts in the chatroom.

While you are here:

Checkmark the box to the left of "Room list"

select an avatar from the list to the right of it.

CLICK OK.

That is IT! I do suggest you always click on the B for BOLD. Our eyes are getting older and bold is GOOD, and most of us will thank you for it! The BOLD setting is not saved by the program, so this change you need to do each time you come (like always).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There are other things you can play with if you want, but for now this will get you going.

If you find others are using a text you cannot read well, you can ALWAYS:

Options> Text> Checkmark the box that says "use my text color for all received messages" If you have already done this, you will need to UNcheckmark that box to see everyone's font colors.

Good luck, and happy chatting.

~HAPe4me

Edited by HAPe4me

Hey, LittleHawk! I left you a message under CoolChef's thread in Friend Finder. :P

Since Moony is down closer to Okeechobee than I am, how's about I pick her up and then we come meet you and Cory to go get those conchs in the Caribbean so you can teach us a thing or two?

I'd also love for you and Cory to come visit if y'all are driving and gonna be in the O-Town area! I'd also be happy to set a time to meet in Chat. I won't be in there much till after next wee, but if I know what time you'll be chatting, I can meet you there. :)