GreaseSpot Cafe

Something sweet

Shellon

Reading Rainbow has an annual writing contest for K - 3 graders that is wonderful. Check out 2004 winners stories.

My daughter entered in 2nd grade and didn't place beyond an Honorable Mention and a letter from LaVar Burton but what a hoot it was as she proceeded through the process to enter her story.

http://www.wcmu.org/tv/readingrainbow/rrcontestwinners.html

Aw, I love the stories and pictures!

Back when my first child was young (20 years ago, oy!), the NYC PBS station had an art contest. My daughter entered, and was one of the runners-up. We got to go to a BIG rally in Central Park, see all the Mister Rogers and Sesame Street characters (she was already getting a little old for those, but her little sister was just the right age).

She got an autograph from the guy who did the landscape painting show, and he was very sweet to talk to her and encourage her to continue in art. Sonuvagun, she DID continue and is an interior designer today.

They say her picture would be kept in their archives, and to let us know if we ever wanted to visit. D'ya think they would pull it out and display it, kinda like getting out the mother-in-law photo when mom-in-law's in town? That would be a hoot!

Regards,

Shaz