GreaseSpot Cafe

Really, really LAME joke

Ron G.

Quasimodo dies, so the Bishop of Notre Dame cathedral is looking for a replacement bell-ringer.

After a day of auditioning many hopeful candidates, he's left disappointed as none of them were quite able to match the beauty of the tone that Quasimodo was able to achieve.

At the end of the day, a young man with no arms approaches the Bishop and says "Pardon me, Bishop but I'd like to audition to be the bell-ringer."

"But my poor son," the bishop replies "how will you ring the bell?"

"Watch" the armless man replies, and with a quick run-up proceeds to strike the bell with his face. The bell intones a note of such beauty and majesty, that the bishop beams with joy, and asks the man to do it once more.

The man once again takes a run-up, but just as he's about to reach the bell, he trips and falls headlong out the window.

The bishop, mortified, runs down to discover a crowd - drawn by the dulcid tone of the bell - surrounding the poor armless man. They part to allow the bishop to approach. One person asks him:

"Bishop, did you know this man?"

The bishop replies:

"No, but his face sure rings a bell..."

That guy's son ( who, just by mere coincidence happened to be aflicted in the same manner) Applied for the position of bell ringer. Oddly enough, much of the story is the same as above. When the people asked if the bishop knew the man he said,

Scroll down...........(so i have time to run)

"No, I don't, but he's a 'dead ringer' for the last one" :biglaugh::eusa_clap: