GreaseSpot Cafe

The Biblical Truth

ckmkeon

Um Ckmckeon - your research skills are a bit rusty. When studying a scripture all scripture pertaining to the subject must be evaluated. Even what is considered that of another dispensation is looked at because it gives context.

When handling the subject of Jesus Christ and the trinity, vpw himself used scripture from the gospels as well as the epistles. Technically, Rom 10:9,10 don't say "claim God is not three" it says to confess Jesus is Lord and believe God raised him from the dead. If I'm not mistaken (correct me if I'm wrong Mark, ) that doesn't go against any Trinitarian doctrine. Also, a lot of Trinitarians would argue that the only way to claim JC as Lord would be if he WAS God. (Right, Mark?)

As to the study of Revelation, well once again vpw himself said that if you're going to pick and choose which parts of the Bible you're going to keep and which you're going to throw out - well eventually you have no Bible at all. Now I have left the teachings of vpw somewhat - but I use these quotes to illustrate that perhaps you don't know what you are defending as well as you think you do.

not trying to pick a fight here - or pretend to be a prophetess or anything - just some friendly advice from one who has had time to be 19 at least twice :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...