GreaseSpot Cafe

A reflective Lent to all

markomalley

mark

god bless you

my day tommorow will include some fasting {not because i was told to but because i want to}

i will go to mass tommorow nite and recieve ashes { i haven't done that in over 40 years}

and for lent i will not give anything up but i will do things that i should do more like reading scripture each day, going to a few .... do i dare say it???

yes ...retreats that our paster is running

peace

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, the beginning of the season of Lent.

I hope you all are who choose to do so are able to gain some spiritual growth through the season....

Well thank you Mark---

I know that it is Ash Wednesday, when we are clothed with "sackclothes and ashes", the time of lent, , it also seem to me that as I have faced this season many times as a believer, as an unbeliever, and as just me, that this period of transition from the long days of winter to the new growth of spring almost always involve some serious change and personal consideration to real renewal.

My personal belief is that it is not only part of the cycle of change that is common to humanity, but throughout life --as plants remove from dormancy and begin slowly to bloom and grow, animals change and begin to either migrate back to their summer homes or wake from their hibernation and live again----and people after the long winter of internalization-reemerge out of their cocoons staged for the rebirth of life once again in the spring.

This season although spiritualized by all religions--sometimes to the point of turning people off, is indeed a season of renewal and growth that spans custums and cultures or even species. It's of our natural (and if you choose so_God Given) cycle of growth. that even for the roughest 'unbeliever' will by natural course of nature brings new insights, and for those inclined to believe can be an astonishing time revelation and grace---to me its ??? spring coming--when the sun shines and life is lived just a little bit more..

Good ash wednesday to you too