GreaseSpot Cafe

Big Love

Since I live in the same county as a polygamist community, it will be interesting to see this show and the turnout of it. It's eerily similar to the community here. I hope that it is without the teenage girls being forced to "marry" and have babies with men 3 times their age.

I wonder if the intent of this series is to make us more acceptable of the polygamist life-style? I've heard of closet polygamists in the Mormon religion.

Well I asked a Christian friend who is LDS, and he said this was done by a spinoff bunch, and does not accurately reflect the Church of Latter Day Saints and their philosophy or attitudes or morals. From what he said, this series was intentionally written to stir up controversy and animosity.

The LDS have done some lovely movies, as I noted above.

This is not like a Greasespot Cafe version of TWI because the "big love" series is speaking lies against the LDS church, whereas a Greasespot Cafe version of twi would be exposing the lies of twi. Here at Greasespot Cafe we don't need to make up lies about twi to ridicule that place. Big difference.

LDS is filled with many wonderful Christians who are doing their utmost to give Christ's love into the world.

Hopefully,