GreaseSpot Cafe

I find it amusing ...

GarthP2000

... that every now and then, I see some thread about "Would you ever go back to TWI?" or "What would tempt you? (to work at TWI)" or some such related topic. I just have to laugh when I see these threads, as it ought to be obvious to even the most brain dead that TWI has lost whatever ((cough)) 'godliness' it (might) have had, and that too bad, so sad, it ain't never gonna go back, even back to the "good ol' days". <_<

As Bones would say on Star Trek, "He's dead, Jim!". TWI, as we once knew it as a place of fun and happiness (where ever that ever was) is gone. Dead. Kaput! Anybody who still has some threads of hope that the golden days will somehow return is in serious need of professional help. ... Like there aren't other alternatives that are even a lot better than TWI ever was??

Hokey Smokes! :blink:

Careful with those kinds of asperations, Cool. They'll have the whole compound in lockdown while they interrogate every single person trying to find the leak. God's love and His "word" aren't "available" to everyone, ya know? Just the worthy ones. :spy:

I think that most of those "would you go back threads" are usually rhetorical though some of the earlier ones over on Waydale and in the early days of Gspot were quite revealing in that some people don't seem to be that opposed to the idea if some set of changes were made. I don't think that those people have changed their minds but perhaps they have stopped posting because they realize that their position is somewhat unpopular. I know some people who would love to go back to TWI if for no other reason than to re-attach to their youth and those experiences they had. But its kind of sad that they've given up on their current life and the possibilities that freedom offers. Its like a long time convict who is so used to the institution that even when he is out on parole and free, he undermines his own liberty because deep down he is so used to life in prison that its more appealing than life on the outside. I know someone who would really be happy of he were riding around in a clunky car with a green Way sticker, going to classes, and waiting for the ROA. Why ? I don't know but he hasn't made anything of his life since departing TWI and doesn't seem to want to do much of anything. He was excited when he read here on Gspot that TWI was supposedly considering a return to the VPW materials and possibly PFAL. It got his hopes up a great deal.

I do think that some of the people who are in love with "the good ole days" of TWI are simply nostalgic for their youth and they give TWI all the credit for any

good times they or for any of the cool people they met. I say give the people you met the credit. For me - One of the the least appealing things I can think of is that my best days were in TWI. They weren't - not even close. I thank God I experienced lots of things "back in the day" and TWI was just one of them. I've learned a great many things prior to my Way experience, during , and after and no man, church, cult, or organization owns me or my collective experiences.

Edited by diazbro