GreaseSpot Cafe

Coming Soon to a Theater Near You...

Pirate1974

It's a few days late for April Fool but this just has to be a joke. It can't be for real, or can it?

A British website called Life Style Extra is reporting that Indian director T. Rajeevnath is planning to make a movie about the life of Mother Theresa and he wants to cast an American actress in the lead role.

T. is planning a trip to the U.S. to convince this actress to take on this rather challenging role. And who might this person be who is Rajeevnath's choice to play a Catholic nun who worked among the poorest of the poor of Calcutta for almost 50 years?

Paris Hilton.

Of course. A perfect choice. I can't imagine anybody who could play this part any better.

T. is bringing along several photos of Paris that have been altered to make her appear more like Mother Theresa. Now I would just love to see those. That must be one heck of an alteration job.

T.'s people have apparently been in contact with Paris' people to set up a meeting. The website quotes T. as saying, "The pictures will be my strength when I speak to Paris. She has expressed delight that I have short-listed her to play the role. This will make our meeting easier." I'll just bet it will.

Now anybody who's seen the cinema classic "The Cat in the Hat" knows that Paris is a top-flight actress. I haven't seen her most famous film but I hear it's available for download on quite a few websites for a modest fee. I understand it doesn't have much dialogue but it's heavy on the action.

Now you might think that the fact that Mother Theresa was less than 5 feet tall could be a problem, but if movie magic can make Elijah Wood and Sean Astin into hobbits, this would be a snap. Giving Paris any acting talent may prove a little harder to do.

mother%20teresa.jpg

paris.0d4.jpg

Yeah, I can see it. I think this could definitely work.

Next up: "The Life of Pope John Paul II" starring Larry the Cable Guy