GreaseSpot Cafe

Cartoon Wars (More South Park)

jardinero

Hello all.

I've been traveling, so don't know if this is covered elsewhere, so excuse me and someone link to it if it is already posted and discussed, but wanted to give another South Park plug for Part II of the Cartoon Wars episode coming this coming Wednesday at 10pm.

If you have been in a cave for the past number of months and have missed the MSM's unprecedented political correctness in covering the Danish Mohammed cartoons and resulting Islamic world reaction - - no worries, as our friends at South Park take the free world "ostriches" on! :biglaugh:

Here's a recap from one of my favorite news blogs:

South Park Takes on Islamists (from Captains Quarters blog)

and a plug for Comedy Central (drum roll please....how far will they let Matt and Trey go in their 1st amendment skewering?????? Stay tuned):

Cartoon Central scheduling

And from the up and coming blog of The Anchoress, this gem:

Tonight’s episode was brilliant. And brave. Basically Matt Stone and Trey Parker took all of their creative capital and threw down a gauntlet: America, will you submit to Dhimmitude (beginning with the continual placing of your head in the sand) or will you stand up for free speech and liberty.

It’s about the Mohammed Cartoons. It’s about more than that, though. Much more. Part II is next week. If you can see Part I before then, try to…it is a scathing critique of America and Americans and their willingness to weaken themselves through fear and misplaced sensitivity.

Don't miss it.

J.

Despite being needlessly vulgar and iconoclastic, South Park is frequently a sharp social commentary.

The whole theme of Part 1 was eloquently summed up in one line--you may say you BELIEVE in free speech, but will you DEFEND that right? Or just bury your head in the sand?

If riots start over CARTOONS, the world seriously needs to reconsider the continued worth of the rioters.

Rudyard Kipling put it disturbingly presciently in his poem "MacDonough's Song" (from the public domain)

WHETHER the State can loose and bind

In Heaven as well as on Earth:

If it be wiser to kill mankind

Before or after the birth—

These are matters of high concern

Where State-kept schoolmen are;

But Holy State (we have lived to learn)

Endeth in Holy War.

Whether The People be led by The Lord,

Or lured by the loudest throat:

If it be quicker to die by the sword

Or cheaper to die by vote—

These are things we have dealt with once,

(And they will not rise from their grave)

For Holy People, however it runs,

Endeth in wholly Slave.

Whatsoever, for any cause,

Seeketh to take or give,

Power above or beyond the Laws,

Suffer it not to live!

Holy State or Holy King—

Or Holy People’s Will—

Have no truck with the senseless thing.

Order the guns and kill!

Saying—after—me:—

Once there was The People—Terror gave it birth;

Once there was The People and it made a Hell of Earth.

Earth arose and crushed it. Listen, O ye slain!

Once there was The People—it shall never be again!

Well, Comedy Central prostrated themselves before allah

they censored the image of mohammed ... while showing jesus defacating on the pres (I think)

Comedhimmi Central has submitted ... make all the crude comments you want about Christianinty ... but don't offend scientology (by telling what they really think) .... and NEVER show Mohammed's picture ... no, that might offend a terrorist. :blink:

The cartoons were shown in Egypt long ago (the famous mohammed cartoons, not South Park LOL), and pic's of mohammed are in many institutions ... the battle line is now though, because it is about the west submitting (not about respecting)

Edited by rhino

Yeah, I agree, Bill.

They caved.

comedycentral002.jpg

(probably not to the fans, but to the State Dept. or someone high up like that). (God forbid we should start a WAR over this or something!!!) :rolleyes:

Anyway, since they wouldn't air "Mohammed" last night, the blogs are all picking up the image of him from the past episode called "Super Friends" that bashed everyone and I run it here in protest of the gutless Comedy Central (who are counting their money right now on last night's most watched episode):

comedycentral002.jpg

Come burn MY house down you terrorist freaks! :evilshades:

J. :biglaugh:

Edited by jardinero

Yeah, that's what I thought.

I couldn't get the pics to load!!!! WTF????? ( I just said that for the South Park fans) :)

Anyway. More power to Matt and Trey! :eusa_clap:

Power to the People :dance:

J.

Hey Bill,

would you post the "Comedy Central has refused to broadcast an image of Mohammed on their network" and the Superfriends image from Malkin's website for me? That's what I was trying to post, but I don't know how to do images. I copied and pasted the URL into the images icon, but they didn't pull up.

Thanks.

J.

• 2 months later...

Actually this isn't about the Cartoon Wars, but I thought it was funny that South Park received an Emmy Nod for their episode poking at Tom Cruise in "Trapped in the Closet":

Tom Cruise's Least Fave 'South Park' Episode Up For Emmy

LOS ANGELES (July 6, 2006) -- One of the Emmy nominees for best animated program is the episode of "South Park" that's said to have angered Tom Cruise and Isaac Hayes.

The episode called "Trapped in the Closet" implies that Cruise is gay and makes fun of Scientology.

Cruise's fellow Scientologist Isaac Hayes reportedly quit because he was upset with the episode. And when it came time to rerun it, Cruise allegedly called Comedy Central and demanded that it be pulled. It was, even though Cruise's people denied he asked for it.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

J.

Edited by jardinero

• 1 month later...

O.K. call me sick, but I just loved this ironic twist of fate. 2 headlines just posted.

The first:

Paramount cuts ties with Tom Cruise: WSJ

Tue Aug 22, 7:16 PM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Viacom Inc.'s Paramount Pictures unit is ending its 14-year relationship with

Tom Cruise's film production company because of the actor's offscreen behavior, the company's chairman said in an interview with the Wall Street Journal

The second:

On same day Cruise breaks with PARAMOUNT, 'SOUTH PARK' creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone ink two picture deal with -- PARAMOUNT...

tc.jpg

Pretty funny :biglaugh:

J.