GreaseSpot Cafe

5 year old committed suicide here in Reno

Kit Sober

He left a note that said, "By"pi_cry.gif

I dont even know his name, but a friend at work was given the information by her son's teacher.

So much pressure comes from parents laying their troubles on their kids -- telling them of their troubles with paying the bills, etc.

Kids should have time to have a childhood of riding bikes and blowing bubbles.

How awful! My prayers for that family.

I think few people realize how sensitive and understanding little ones rreally are. My then 3 year old grandson's uncle, age 19, once called him a "stupid little moron" because he flipped on a light that the teenager wanted off. He didn't see the little guy's face as he walked away, but I did. His mother and grandparents were sitting right there and they did nothing. But the baby now says "I'm a dummy." and says his mom called him that.

My parents had nothing when I was a little kid. But I thought we were rich. We had fun, went to church, went to my grandparents' house in Zanesville, and we always had enough to eat. My mom, aunt and granma made me the cutest clothes.

Seems like we burden children today with too much expectation and too much "it's all about me" and not enough fun and it's all about Jesus and us having fun together.

:(

WG

Wow so sad. I wonder what that little boy had to endure in his life to come to that place. I don't even want to know.

As for finances sometimes you have to let the little ones know or they think it grows on trees and they get angry when you don't buy things for them. I let them know I don't have a lot of money and struggle to pay the bills but I also give them a 20 dollar a month allowance that they can save for the things they want. It teaches them a little responsibility and also teaches them reality. I am afraid that this little boy must have endured so much abuse or pain. maybe he overheard the parents talking that if they didn't have to care for the kids they would be better off. His little heart must have been broken. I am so sad for that little boy's last moments.