GreaseSpot Cafe

90,000 'Zero-Air-pollution' cars already on the roads

Galen

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/g...399&newsLang=en

SANTA ROSA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 3, 2006--Automotive pioneer ZAP (NYSE Arca:ZP) (PCX:ZP) announced today the start of regular production for its all-electric XEBRA 'City-Car' and is organizing test-drive events in Santa Rosa, California for dealers, fleet managers and the general public.

ZAP is holding test drive events by appointment for its dealers and large fleet managers initially and has scheduled a public test drive event on May 13. To participate in a ZAP test-drive event for the all-electric XEBRA City Car, sign up by visiting the ZAP Website at http://www.zapworld.com.

ZAP has entered into a manufacturing contract with a Chinese automaker to produce a unique car aimed at filling the need for gas-free, all-electric cars that are practical and affordable in the United States. ZAP says the XEBRA was designed to meet the need for a gas-free mode of transportation that fits daily city driving.

ZAP calls the new XEBRA a "City Car," a unique design suitable for urban, non-freeway driving. The car was designed to be a fun, inexpensive vehicle for running errands around the city or as an economy vehicle for municipal and corporate fleets. Unlike the hybrids currently on the market in the United States, the new ZAPCAR™ needs no gas at all, just plug into any conventional outlet.

"Ever since this crazy increase in gas prices, I began commuting in the XEBRA," said ZAP Dealer Development Manager Philip Tarazi. "The response has been incredible; rain or shine I get hand waves and thumbs-up. People know it is the right thing to do. I'm looking forward to delivering XEBRAs to our dealers so others can ride the future."

About ZAP

ZAP, Zero Air Pollution®, has been a leader in advanced transportation technologies since 1994, delivering over 90,000 vehicles to consumers in more than 75 countries. ZAP is at the forefront of fuel-efficient transportation with new technologies including energy efficient gas systems, hydrogen, electric, fuel cell, alcohol, hybrid, trybrid and other innovative power systems. For more information, visit http://www.zapworld.com.

Cautionary Statement

This press release contains forward-looking statements. Investors are cautioned that such forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, including, without limitation, continued acceptance of the Company's products, increased levels of competition for the Company, new products and technological changes, the Company's dependence on third-party suppliers, intellectual property rights, and other risks detailed from time to time in the Company's periodic reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Cool!

:)

I see the press release is from California...

So, uh, what about the pollution created when the electricity is generated?

Or the nuclear power plants?

(I know there's SOME solar, SOME hydro-electric, SOME geothermal, SOME tidal, but not enough to take up the slack)

Wasn't California "land of rolling brown outs" a while back?

ya know... these wouldn't be a bad idea if they could go a little faster... they just kind of seem like fancy golf carts... now that Corbin Sparrow caught my eye though (now built by Meyer Motors)... it'll go 70 mph...

It is their alcohol-fueled vehicles that are good for freeway driving. Congress ha snot allowed them to be imported, until starting with next year. They have been manufacturing alcohol-fueled vehicles for 9 years now.

too bad American car manufacturers are only doing E85.

:)

no

Though I have seen a lot of mini-coopers [which are very tiny little cars. Here in America we used to see a larger version the Honda CVCC with the hand-holds on the front and rear bumpers and a 600cc engine. In Italy we had them with much smaller engines.]

Also in Scotland and UK, they had a lot of three-wheeled 'passenger cars'. Freeway speeds, and fast too. But again very small in height and very narrow.

It is my understanding that the small cars which are so popular elsewhere, have engines that are far too small to be legal here.

In my first saab, you could open the glove compartment and adjust the carburetor.

LOL

Though I have seen a lot of mini-coopers [which are very tiny little cars. Here in America we used to see a larger version the Honda CVCC with the hand-holds on the front and rear bumpers and a 600cc engine. In Italy we had them with much smaller engines.]

I've seen those *mini-coopers*. I wouldn't want to drive one.

A semi truck tire is larger than they are! :blink:

dmiller, when just about any car get's hit by an SUV or one of the larger trucks... it's curtains... but those little mini's have a five star rating with side curtain airbags... just don't wrek with anything too big!

BTW, take one for a test drive... they're like driving a go kart!