GreaseSpot Cafe

Oklahoma Cat needs home

notinKansasanymore

We have come to know an extremely sweet, healthy young cat, who needs a home.

Gonzo (or whatever you choose to name him) is about 8 months old, and wandered into our yard about five or six weeks ago. He has a strong collar mark, implying that he was someone's kitten who got loose, and that the collar finally got very tight before he got out of it.

Yesterday, he was spayed, vaccinnated, and tested for (and vaccinnated against) Feline Leukemia and Feline Aids. He's vet-certified healthy.

This is a little guy who is so affectionate that he let my children carry him around the yard, when he didn't even know them. He will roll over and beg you to pet his tummy, almost more like a dog than like a cat.

He's looking for a home.

I live in Norman, Oklahoma, and would be okay with driving him to meet you, if you live within driving distance, and would like to foster or adopt him.

I know someone who makes frequent trips to the Austin, Texas area, who could give him a ride your way, if you're down that direction.

Be warned: if you foster him, you'll want to keep him. He's a very lovey kitty. He's beige on top, and white on his tummy. He has just a touch of tiger-tabby stripe on the tip of his tail.

Nika, you don't know how much I want to say "we'll take him". Our daughter has wanted a cat for awhile, but we have our two big dogs plus our son's huge dog living with us. I've told her when her brother moves out and takes his dog, we'll consider introducing the right cat to our two goons. Problem is, after he finishes college this summer he plans to travel for awhile so guess who gets to doggie sit? Good thing I'm crazy about her. And him.

Gonzo sounds like he has a wonderful temperment. Is he still an outside kitty? Is he litterbox trained?

Tonto:

He has been an outside cat for at least the past few weeks, but I think he was inside before that. He was very thin before we began feeding him. Is there a room in your home to which he could retreat when the dogs are inside?

He had a bad habit of dissappearing for several days at a time, and showing back up thinner and hungrier, so I'm not sure that he has a very good sense of direction . . .. If his food and water were in your daughter's room, and there were a nice, sunny window in there, I could surely see him making a beeline for her room when the dogs come in.

He'd be sooooooo greeeeeeeaaat for a little kid. He's extremely trusting and gentle.

Did I mention that he comes with a big bag of cat food?

Feel the Force, Tonto . . .

Gonzo is now living in a huge dog crate in my kitchen, waiting to be adopted. Everybody who sees him falls in love, because he's so lovey.

It was $8 per night to continue boarding him at the vet. In the dog crate, he's got a shelf to lounge on, and at least four or five times the room that he had at the vet's. But he's one bored kitty.

I'm just getting this topic back up to the top.

It's one of those wishful thinking things.

:dance:

Awwww, NIKA, he's so sweet. I live way too far away, alas.

Tonto, my kitty gets along just fine with a yippy terrier and a 107-lb chocolate lab/chessie. Truth be told, Princess LardAss is the feline ruler of all the canines she surveys. When they behave, she gives them a sweet face washing. When they don't, she's quite capable of putting distance between herself and them.

Nika,the pictures of Gonzo are great...I showed T-Bone and he agrees he's one great-looking cat, but he keeps reminding me that it might be too much with our dogs...especially our alpha dog. Our daughter's room would be a safe haven for him up to a point, but I'm afraid it would be too much right now. I'm feeling the force, believe me...I think T-Bone's not feeling it to quite the same degree. I'm praying for little Gonzo to find a great, loving home soon.

Linda, your doggies and Princess LardAss sound like they have a great relationship. Aren't pets amazing?