GreaseSpot Cafe

NBA Finals

Tom Strange

I must say that my heart is with the Mavs. I liked Avery Johnson when I lived in San Antonio and he was the point guard for the Spurs. I liked how they pulled together in beating two strong teams to get to the Finals. However, they are going to have to step up their game a notch or two to hang with Miami. They beat the Pistons who have been the best team in the NBA all year.

Go 'Canes!

Edited by oenophile

I'd root for the Mavs, experienced as I am at rooting for the underdog. But somehow the teams I root for always lose in any sorta playoff situation. So maybe you true fans would rather I didn't. :D

I will peek in on this evening's game to see how the Mavs are doing, though.

Good luck, Mavs fans!

You're right Oen, Avery is a unique human... a genuinely nice guy who is a natural born leader... he'd probably be an evangelist if he wasn't an NBA coach... and he's got a heart as big as you know what... he's got the team caring about each other as humans first and it doesn't hurt that Cuban and the Nelsons put some really talented, selfless people together for him to coach, who believe in themselves, him and that they are on a mission...

The Mavs went through some really dark years in the 90's and they've been back and pretty good for the last 5... but I don't know if the Heat can hang with them... I know that's easy to say when you're up 2-0, but a lot of folks around here think that the Mavs have already beaten two other teams that are better than the Heat (Spurs and Suns)...

I'm hesitant to use the word that's associated with a broom but I really find it hard to see this going more than 5 games if it goes that far...

The Mavs have too much depth, they've used a 10 man rotation through these whole playoffs, and everyone coming off of their bench can score and contribute...

Like I said, we (Mav's fans) have long realized that we're pretty lucky to have the guys on this (and recent past) team that we have... you never hear anything bad about them... they're all pretty good guys who realize that they're very fortunate to do what they do for a living and get paid very well for it...

Sorry to go on and on about them but these are good guys and we fans have waited a long time for this... so we're very happy... very happy...

Lindzee, go ahead and root for us! Even you can't jinx this! :biglaugh: