GreaseSpot Cafe

nothing else matters

watersedge

i spent some time today lurking around the site , and some of the things i read were

disturbing.

i feel so sorry for any of you that got hurt by twi, version 1, 2,3, etc

until i went in the chat room tonight, i felt so totally like a stranger

but not now. the folks in the chat were so nice (not to mntion)

fast at the typing things

each one made me "feel" at home

they all let me say what i wanted and how i wanted to speak

This is not a sob story, just a place in my heart that got

opened, by strangers with no face for me to connect

people who really care..............for themselves and other

faceless strangers in need, in need to talk or spew and

open up or, at the very least, express

i'm not sure "who" i talked to, but i can say this

thank you for being around when i needed you

chatting with a stranger, as you were strangers to me

because tonight i needed you and you were there

you gave me smiles, chuckles and laughs

things to ponder and things to think about

most of all you gave me life

{{{{watersedge}}}}

I didn't say much (which is VERY odd for me, btw lol), but I loved that you were listening to Stairway to Heaven and could appreciate my Procul Harum remark to your remark about being the only guy in chat was like being in with the harem (or whatever it was you said lol). LMAO. Heck, you didn't even correct my spelling! :biglaugh: (If you get a chance to meet Sushi in chat, this spelling remark will be all the funnier. LOL)

Chat is like sitting around a big, never ending, totally unscheduled, huge extended family holiday dinner table, imo. The conversation is often fast and furious (especially with us gals), sometimes very serious, often just plain uproarious, and sometimes if you don't jump in there with both feet you'll just have to listen. LOL Most importantly, everybody is welcome at the table.

Every single person at GSC has walked (crawled, rolled, ran, or sat upon, even) a path marred with pain, loss, sorrow, shame, fear and everything in between. We've seen victories over these things...be the victories small or be they huge...and the vast majority of us are so very thankful that others were there to light our feet upon what had otherwise been a very dark, very lonely, very isolated and very scary path. We just want to be a lamp unto the feet of others...extend a hand to hold, a shoulder to cry upon, a back to rest upon, an ear to listen, a belly laugh to get ya through. :)

Chat's just the place to really get in and get to know one another.

I'm so glad you had such a good experience! I'm looking forward to yakking it up with you lots more! We don't have a 12 step program for chat addiction, yet...but I hear tell Paw and some of his techies are working on the patch. Hehehehe. (Oh yeah...the best rumors are born in chat or when talking about what happened in chat. LMAO)

Sorry I missed you, Watersedge-I take a couple of days off a week to let the keyboard cool down. Catch up with you later.

Cool-great description of chat time. You are a true poet.

Oil Field-if you can pop in between 5-8 A.M., you might find some folks. If my math is right, people tend to congregate between 8-10 P.M. EST. People pop in and out, but I know they would all be glad to see you.