GreaseSpot Cafe

Something I've noticed

GrouchoMarxJr

One of the things that drew me into twi in the first place was the love that the rank and file members had for each other...the tenderness and willingness to extend their hearts to one another...especially in the early years...

Since we have left twi, and their hard hearted legalism...it seems to me that the folks here have open hearts towards each other...caring, tender, empathic...extending open arms for new folks, honestly caring for one another...no strings attached...overlooking differences of opinions and endeavoring to "fellowship" with their keyboards...

...In spite of all the "bad stuff' that happened, it's really good to see that the heart of so many people here is to continue with the noble idea of loving one another...corny?...maybe, but I think there's more to it than meets the eye. I'm glad to be a part of GreaseSpot...I really am.

Thanks to you all. :)

Aw, Groucho, I feel the same way. Last night, we had some folks over for dinner that I met in GS chat, among some other friends and family. They are lovely people, kind, generous, caring. I am so glad I met them through GS, and they expressed the same sentiment.

This really is an awesome place.

DITTOS!!!

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

I posted the following on another thread...and thought it appropriate here.

The connections/reconnections I've gained through GSC have been life giving, encourging, deep, eye opening.

My heart's cries have been answered one way or another via this site. Ironic, because as a lurker while in TWI, I never imagined I would EVER post here or be associated in any way with the posters on this site.

Via GSC, I now have some best friends who have chipped away buried emotional crusts out of my heart and head (and some we are still chipping) with me.

I have experienced emtional healing.

I found joy again.

I am reconnecting to my heart again.

My marriage relationship is now a dream come true.

......all because of connections on this site.

These have been profound cries of my heart and life.

God has answered them in (what is to my mind) the most unlikely manner....via this site, the people of the Cafe.

Yes!!

Thank you God..

and thank you Pawtucket...

and thank you to all the connections/reunions.

I don't know about pipes playing the bagpipes, but my dearly beloved says he can play "Amazing Grace' on his sax, after meeting my Greasespot friends. He says, it has been so worth the time I've spent, cause of the people we have over, and the connections that have been reconnected here.

Tis true.

oooooooohhhhhhhh....I'd love to hear AG on Mr. Ex10's sax.

Can almost hear it now!

Groucho I don't play the bagpipes.

But their long, far away drone is like a "call of the wild" for me.

Fiddles and penny whistles put me in similar state (depending on which state I am in :wink2: ).

Must be my native Applachain Highlands genes.

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

I posted the following the other day on the wrong thread dmiller.

Woops.. :blink: Just want ya' to know you are appreciated!!

"Hey dmiller....great AG on the pipes!!

Funny, before listening to what you posted I was out on my back screened porch. The rain was beating on the roof....a heavy rain. I pulled out the recorder and sounded out AG....rather nostalgic it was.

A couple hours later I come here and hear it on the bagpipes. Nice indeed.... "