GreaseSpot Cafe

What is 666?

Dot Matrix

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Letters represented numbers in ancient times. As an example we see this in Roman numerals. This included letters representing numbers in the Greek alphabet as used by John in writting the book of Revelation.

The number 666 would represent the ruler of a tyrannical government. In John's time the world dominate power was the Roman empire. Which Roman ruler if you would spell his name and then substitute numbers for each of the letters, then add up these numbers, which name of a ruler would add up to 666? Someone familiar with the Greek alphabet and a knowledge of history could probably tell you.

In short, John was warning against tyrannical governments. Especially, a government like the one in his time, that wanted you to worship their ruler as a divine God. Emperor worship for the Roman empire was a historical fact during this time period and was practiced in the Roman culture. Furthermore, in worshipping the emperor the powers that be may also want you to renounce the Lord Jesus Christ as King of heaven and future king on earth.

I think you have the gist of it Technocrat. I have not read others posts on this.

[This message was edited by Mark Sanguinetti on January 21, 2004 at 19:25.]

Yeah I don't understand this 666 stuff either. Remeber that speech Farakahn(spelling?) gave at the million man march? He got into this numerology bit and it sounded really bizzare.

He kept saying that 9 is pregnant. I don't know what he meant by that. But I remember him saying 9 is pregnant.

My rottweiler's mircro chip ends in 666. I thought that was hysterical. Remember in "the Omen" they were the anti-christs pet dog.

rottieangelanimated.gif

GRRRL POWER!