GreaseSpot Cafe

Lady in the Water

Another finely crafted film. Written, Produced and Directed by.

I accept the fact that I'm a little weird, but I enjoy not only the movies he makes just for their "movie-ness" but I also enjoy thinking about them afterwards for the "deeper meaning" their story lines contain.

This film was wonderful. Character generation, plot lines, etc. all woven together, tied up with a nice little bow and given to you to "make of what you will"...

The acting is superb... yet you don't even notice it until after the movie... just the way I like it...

Excellent. See it... especially if you're a fan of his.

Really? This is a real case of "the critics say one thing, the audience says another." Everyone I know who's seen it raves. Critics call it (and now I'm stealing someone's Greasespot "Matrix III" review) a craptacular crapfest of crappy crap.

Simple story and plotline, yet well acted and everything in the movie means something... I'll more than likely see it again... and the message is quite uplifting... as you're walking away from the theater you'll smile to yourself as you put it all together... at least I did.

But then, I've liked all of his movies for that very reason...

(Yes, he has a role in this one as well, more prominent than his other movies... and you don't have to "stay after")

Edited by Tom Strange