GreaseSpot Cafe

A True sign

mstar1

As far as I know this is a true story:

Lightning Strikes Preacher Who Asked For Sign

Bolt Hits Steeple, Travels Through Guest Evangelist's Microphone

1:35 p.m. EDT July 3, 2003

FOREST, Ohio -- Damage to a church in Forest, Ohio, is estimated at $20,000 after a preacher asked God for a sign.

A member of the First Baptist Church said a guest evangelist was preaching repentance and seeking a sign from God when lightning struck the steeple.

Ronnie Cheney called the incident "awesome, just awesome!"

Cheney said the lightning traveled through the microphone, blew out the sound system and enveloped the preacher, who wasn't hurt.

Afterward, services resumed for about 20 minutes until the congregation realized the church was on fire. The building was evacuated.

Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Yes, this is real.

I saw the preacher, Don Hardman (I'm pretty sure that's his name), a travelling evangelist, on the Today show, being interviewed by Matt Lauer on Friday morning, July 4th.

The preacher was VERY emphatic in the interview that he was NOT "seeking a sign" because the bible specifically says NOT to do that, but that he asked for God to reveal himself, and give a message.

There was no clouds in the sky, no forecast of a storm...it shocked everyone!!!

It was quite real. I saw the flaming steeple...the preacher was real and seemingly "witnessing" to Matt Lauer and right to me through the TV screen. Very creepy.

He said there were about 30-40 people at that service.

So what was the message? who knows.....