GreaseSpot Cafe

Another cell phone story

doojable

I recently went to visit a friend in another state. I had intended to bring my nice camera but at the last minute, I decided that I would leave it at home. Meanwhile, I forgot that I had packed my phone charger in with my camera (seemed to make sense at the time.)

Once I got to my destination, I realized that I had no way of charging this phone. My kids were on vacation with their grandparents, so I stressed a bit because I knew that they would want to get hold of me. I had a brainstorm of an idea - I went out and bought a charger - but not a wall charger - NOOOOOO - I bought a car charger. Afterall, I already had a perfectly good wall charger sitting in my camera bag back in Fort Worth, Texas.

Things went swimmingly for the rest of the vacation. Everytime I got into my friend's car I would plug the phone in and put the phone back in my purse as we were getting out. Perfect. UNTIL.......

THE LAST DAY OF VACATION I was in the car. We went to a grocery store to pick up a few items. On my way out I got distracted and I was in a hurry. I apparently didn't make sure the car door had closed all the way. (BTW - the phone was charging on the front console - Grrrrrr!)

We spent at most an hour in that store. Upon coming seeing my side of the car, I noticed that it was ajar. "OH NO!" I looked inside, no phone, no charger. Then I checked to make sure that the phone wasnt' in my purse - no such luck. Had my friend call the phone - DEAD SILENCE! Sob Sob Sob

I immediatley called the company to have service suspended and the phone disabled. Then I ordered a new phone. Unfortunately, that phone would not be available to purchase. DANG! I liked it. I had gotten used to it.

The new phone arrived and I wasn't too impressed with it. Don't ask me why - it just didn't work as well as the phone that was stolen.

OK - big lead in for this: The phone was stolen on August 5. Yesterday August 17, the police dept of the city my friend lives in called me. They found my phone at the scene while they were making a bust for another, unrealated, crime! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dance::dance:

:jump:

So I won't have to rebuild my address book. I will get the few photos I had on that phone that had some sentimental value. Most of all - I'm just too excited!

Edited by doojable

No laughing here. Losing your cell phone nowadays is like losing your right arm. Very happy for you. :eusa_clap:

Er...they are going to return it right away, right? No holding onto it for evidence, or whatever? :unsure:

Which reminds me of a couple of items:

You know you live in 2006 when:

You have 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.

You pull up to your driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is at home.

Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have for the first 30 or 40 years of your life, is now cause for panic and you have to turn around to get it.

And on the same theme:

Your reason for not staying in touch with family and friends is that they don't have an e-mail address.

You haven't played solitare with real cards in years.

You e-mail the person who's sitting at the desk next to you.

You start tilting your head sideways to smile :)

You get up in the morning and go online before you have your coffee.

You enter your password in the microwave.

You're reading this and nodding and laughing.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

im naked without my cell.

I remeber when if you went into a hospital or care home you would not be allowed to have your phones.. now you just have to turn them off it is a sentimental thing for real.

like the puter o mg i will notimagine not having that machine in my living room!!!

it is my friend im getting an upgrade and one woman said i have to take you computer to diagnose it for two days I said ok I will call you back thinking she was a professional and a nice girl.

next guy said um "no" i do not typicaly take a puter out "people tend to get anxious about losing their puter for a few days"

I hired him .

hahaha very telling o who knows what they are doing hmmm? he sounded healthier and with more knowledge hahah fool myself . .

i have turned around for my cell and no one is suppose to call me i do not care i might "need it". to call my self and ask what i wnat from the store for supper or soemthing just as vital to life.

I do not remember days without my cell anymore i vaguely remember phone booths and cant imagine having to use one today looks dangerous to me hahah

yes times have changed.

When your phone was missing did you call it? some folks have gotten their phone back by offering a reward to the thief over the phone.

i keep thinking of all the long distance calls if they found mine so i keep it tight.