GreaseSpot Cafe

Rockstar

Dot Matrix

Hi Dot,

I like Dilana because I think she is very unique. And I love her smoky voice. Just personal taste I guess. I think she has a good chance of winning. Same reason I like Lucas, he's so unique. I think the band likes Dilana, Toby, and Lucas the best so far.

I guess I think the others are too "normal" looking and acting for a heavy band like Supernova plans to be.

Well, Patrice was it? Her song last week was very upbeat and would have been out of character for Supernova.

I just think, like Cyndy Lauper who had a "silly" look, she made some good music but in the end sex sells and silly looses. When Madonna came on the sceen Lauper bit it.

Storm could sell sex if she would avoid the bad notes now and then.

Toby is pretty but his voice is a bit to Freddy Mercury for a heavy band like nova.

I watched last season with INXS. I was disappointed they didn't choose Marty. I'm watching this season without really being excited about any of them.

I think Tommy Lee is about as stupid as they come. If a smart word came out of his mouth, I would be shocked. But he CAN play drums!!!

"I think that was sauteed with wrong sauce."

Dilana??

What's that metal thingee in her chin? Does anyone think her tatoos are cool? Yeah, its cool to have stuff engraved on your skin forever, eh? Folks like strange people with strange hair? How about this lady? She had some REAL funky hair! Yet few in 1935 thought she was, like, cool, man. :confused:

bride.gif

sudo

I do think Storm rocked the Evanescence song. Their response to her was TERRIBLE!!! I haven't watched the 2nd show yet, still got it on the DVR. Gonna watch this weekend. I'm sure she got booted, right? It won't be a surprise.

Everyone did really well though. Lukas surprised me. I love, love, love Nirvana, and he rocked that song!

Dilana is dayam good. Her Mother Mother was a home run. I mean, come on. A girl with a flying V that can sing? The bolts in her face are a minus but kids love that sh1t. Tattoos? Look at the drummer again and talk to me about tattoos. :)

The guy from Iceland is very good too.

SFSailor

Well I was surprised when I finally watched Wednesday's show. I thought for sure Storm was going. She was horrible on the Helter Skelter song. GAK!!! But to kick Ryan off, I am surprised. I guess they just wanted the public to be surprised. They did that just to show they aren't predictable IMHO.

Ryan is good. I guess not for their band though. I'm sure this exposure has opened up many things for him because he does have talent.

Dilana is good. I was sick of the drama being about her though. I wanted to puke. She took a situation and turned it around to put the attention on HER. I thought a chick who can rock a flying V and sing like that deserves to be famous though.

I like Magni, but there's something about him that just doesn't have an edge. He rocks the songs he sings, but I don't know what's missing. Lukas is good too, but he doesn't seem extraordinary. But then again, Supernove isn't extraordinary IMHO. So far, I haven't liked any of the songs they've written. I wholeheartedly believe the lead singer should be involved in the song writing because they are the ones who put the heart and soul in to it when they sing.

If they don't choose Dilana, I will be surprised.

Edited by Wayfer Not

On The Rockstar site someone said they already picked Lukas, they are just playing things out.

I liked Ryan, but his slide across the speakers was clumsy, he should have practiced it or something.

I like Storm, she was the only one who did not audition but was invited to particiapte in Rockstar.

We shall see....Magni seems to lack a bit of confidence, with time I think he will be fine

Well, although I have been a fan of Dilana's, her performance last night was less than stellar. In fact, hers was probably the worst of last night's 5. She doesn't appear to be a very good song writer either.

I still think she's very compelling and entertaining to watch, but her recent slide makes me think she might be out tonight. I sure have enjoyed watching her over the weeks tho.

Okay, I have been on the Rockstar site a few days. Boy, can they be mean.

Well, last night Dilana rocked, IMO, and I do not like her, but Dilana was very good! STORM was unbelievable. She was awesome.

Lukas was awful

Toby was very good

Magni was good but not memorable

All my opinion

What happened to Super Nova's lead singer and why are they replacing him? Anyone know.

Vinve Neil was lead in Motely Crew but I don't know about SN?

Edited by Dot Matrix

Gilbey Clark was in Guns and Roses after Slash left. Then I think he started his own band in Las Vegas which was named after him before he hooked up with the others to form SuperNova. Ironically, he used to come and play at local clubs here in my podunk town 100 miles south of Vegas in a dive called Tequila Bob's. Everyone in our town seems to have seen Gilbey Clark play.

Isn't it weird that everyone of those guys was volunteering to play on Storm's original? They don't want her in their band, but they want to play her song..??????

Dilana sucked last night. Toby was good, but I'm still not sure he is SuperNova's type. But what is SuperNova's type? They kind of suck IMHO.