GreaseSpot Cafe

Why I'm not commenting on 3 x 5 card threads

Linda Z

In theory, I think Word Wolf's suggestion is a good one, and I certainly think his intent is pure and kind. After all, who doesn't like to hear nice things others say about them?

But the reason I haven't participated is because I don't want anyone to feel left out if no one starts a thread about him or her. Or if someone does start a thread but it only gets 5 responses vs. 50 for someone else's thread.

We used to do this in our WOW family when things were getting tense among us, and it works great face-face-to-face, with everyone getting a card that everyone else has written positive things on. But in this medium, I'm not so sure.

I mean no offense to you, WW, and I'm not trying to start a debate or anything.

Hmmmm, maybe I can compromise. Here's my 3 x 5:

I think you're all terrific, even the ones I've sometimes butted heads with. There are some posters I don't know very well, but of those I've interacted with, whether it's to agree, disagree, or just laugh or pray or discuss things together, you are a bright, funny, caring, wonderful bunch! That's what keeps me coming back, even if the coffee is occasionally too strong or the pie a little stale. It's the great company.

It's been my pleasure to get to know some of you and to get reacquainted with others I once knew.

Could someone pass the Splenda?? :wub:

Oh good grief, a typo in my subtopic. If only you knew how I cringe to see that.

Help me, moderators, help me! :redface:

Edited by pawtucket

I stand in agreement.

There's been similar threads in the past - where kudos are given to people and yes, some people are left out. I've never seen my name on such threads, but oh, well. I've never been one of 'the beautiful people' in life anyhow. I don't view it as a contest or feel I need to be mentioned - I just know it won't happen.

When I started a 3X5 thread, it was for someone who also probably wouldn't have been mentioned - but it was based on what they've done for me and the fact I've known them for a quite while.

You certainly have some good points Linda, but on the otherhand, I think sometimes people need to be shown some love - even if they one's showing the love may never get anything back out it.