GreaseSpot Cafe

Dog Day Afternoon

WhiteDove

Here are some pictures from Paws in the Park and Paws in the Pool from last Saturday. I think we raised about $60,000 for the shelter here with both events now in the 10th year. The dogs just love it ,it's the canine social event of the year. Paws in the Park from 8- 12 with a pancake feed starting the day off and hundreds of venders giving away thousands of pounds of treats, tennis balls Frisbees, toys, dog food collars, leashes,safety lights and dog food. Lucca came home with 12 lbs. of treats alone, Bacon bites, Snausages, SnawSomes, Beef and Cheese Sticks, Rawhide Chews, Bacon Strips, and Jerky Strips The bark Park did a booth, the theme was surfs up this year. We dropped about 250 lbs of sand on the lawn and built a surf shop complete with beach. We had the booth of the year, (guess all that attention to detail training finally paid off). We raised in addition about $500.00 for the Dog Park. Following that was Paws in the Pool where the dogs and owners get the pool for two hours to play in. I don't think they got a picture of them lined up at the gate but when the door opened they stormed the pool, it was mass uncontrolled chaos jumping and splashing everywhere. It was lots of work but those happy faces and kisses were worth every bit.

You can click the thumbprints to enlarge them and forward through the pictures. There are a few of our booth in the park sets.

Paws in the Park

More

Paws in the Pool

Edited by WhiteDove

Congradulations for such a successful fund raiser! And a big woo-hoo for getting booth of the year! That's really awesome.

Its nice to see so many different kinds of people who obviously care about their companion animals. Lucky Lucca, and the other dogs. They all had happy faces!

Thanks for sharing the pictures! And thanks for all your hard work! You brightened my day!

Ok not the best shots but our booth is in set 1 Rain what Rain) Paws in the Park- page 1 picture #8

and in the second set for the park( Hang Ten) Page 3 Picturtes #49,50,51,52

And yes the pool looked like a Attica riot.

None of my dog he came for a while in the morning had pancakes walked around and stayed at the booth but the pool was too busy to have him around.

Edited by WhiteDove