GreaseSpot Cafe

RIP dr. gene scott

nandon

I just, 5 minutes ago, heard that dr. gene scott died. I heard it on a local radio station here in LA..

2 years ago when i left twi, i remember seeing his channel on tv, that guy really reminded me of twi.

he was like a vpw, but much more educated..

scott was literally a genius from what i've seen and read.

I'm sorry to here that. He had cancer a few years ago I remember. I've only seen him on TV over the years. I avoided getting involved with his church but have gotten a lot out of what I've checked out.

He had a lot of interesting material. His academic background and research work have been described as "impeccable", even by those who disagreed with him. I appreciated his "gestalt" method of teaching, covering one thing from many different angles.

He has a series on the Resurrection of Christ that's the best I've ever heard. I wrote him a few times since the 80's and he responded briefly once. That series knocked me back, there's some great stuff in it. I think it's on his website too.

Dr. Gene Scott was an immensely entertaining, unique and learned teacher/lecturer - there was no one else quite like him on the airwaves.

Whether it was biblical theology, or discussions on the paranormal ( e.g., Atlantis, the Bermuda Triangle, Demonology, Roswell, the pre-flood canopy - Art Bell owes much to him) - he was always very fascinating to watch and listen to.

Except for that time when he stormed out of the studio when not enough people got on "those telephones!" - and the camera remained fixed on an empty chair for 6 hours (lol). What a character.

I had the good fortune of formatting an article by him last year, which original typed draft included his handwritten Aramaic.

Thanks to Dr. Gene Scott's generous support for that particular writing project, I was able to finish painting my house last summer.

Thanks Dr. Gene Scott.

Rest in peace.

Danny

I first discovered Dr. Scott after I left TWI also, and I saw him as the closest thing to having "twig on TV". Even much of the music was reminiscient of ROA. At least Scott had a REAL doctor's degree (from Stanford University), more than I can say for the founder of TWI. I have always wondered what Dr. Scott's opinion of VPW was, if he ever had one. Also, though Dr. Scott may have also been self serving like VPW, at least he didn't expect newcomers to contribute to his coffiers. In fact, he insisted only those he taught should contribute. A far cry from VPW.

RIP Dr. Scott