GreaseSpot Cafe

Rocky Horror fans poll

Sudo

This kind of reminds me of the movie 'Boondock Saints' anyone seen it ?? One part has an 'effeminate' Daniel(or William ?) Dafoe (who plays a cop) waking up naked in bed with a naked black dude. Dafoe is on the phone talking, the black dude wakes up and smiles at Dafoe before embracing him. Dafoe says to him "what are you doing" then slaps him across the face before saying "You're such a fag" !!

Highly recommended.

Awww, shucks... This was meant to be a "fun" thread. If RHPS isn't your cuppa tea, then fine, but do you have to come on here passing judgement and spoiling the fun on the rest of us? :doh:

Sudo, I can't answer your poll right now.... I think I might need to see it another 68 times to be absolutely certain of my choice. :evilshades:

Sudo... I've seen you in summer shorts and cain't imagine you parading around in your tightie whities...

81052_thumb.JPG

By the way, those of you who are so 'critical' of RHPS... you like never liked a song by Queen, or The Who, or New York Dolls... you're as straight laced as Archie Bunker, right?

Edited by ChasUFarley

I have no problem with people who simply don't like RHPS...it's just a matter of taste. But I think the ones who try to spiritualize about it are putting way too much emphasis on a movie that I find to be an absolute hoot.

For those who are anti-RHPS: Remember Milton Berle? He dressed in drag often. Was he doing a "homo promo," too? How about Flip Wilson's Geraldine? The list could go on and on, but I think you get my drift.

I went to see it for the first time either right before or during my first year in-rez while I was home on vacation. It was a midnight movie that ran every weekend. It was so much fun... people with squirt guns, umbrellas, throwing toast... I think it was the first time I remember hearing the term "cult" movie.

Years later - my daughter went to a special showing at the Tampa Theater (an old movie house here in town)on Halloween night and experienced much of the same - except they had actually hired "actors" to perfom up in front of the screen, not just folks who came to play along on their own. She did say there were squirt guns and toast - but no umbrellas.

Here's the IMDB link to The Rocky Horror Picture Show

According to the site -- the next TV airing is on VH1 at 12:30 am on October 31st.

Let's do the time warp.... again...!!!

Edited by Hope R.

I went to see it for the first time either right before or during my first year in-rez while I was home on vacation. It was a midnight movie that ran every weekend. It was so much fun... people with squirt guns, umbrellas, throwing toast... I think it was the first time I remember hearing the term "cult" movie.

Years later - my daughter went to a special showing at the Tampa Theater (an old movie house here in town)on Halloween night and experienced much of the same - except they had actually hired "actors" to perfom up in front of the screen, not just folks who came to play along on their own. She did say there were squirt guns and toast - but no umbrellas.

Here's the IMDB link to The Rocky Horror Picture Show

According to the site -- the next TV airing is on VH1 at 12:30 am on October 31st.

Let's do the time warp.... again...!!!

Does anyone want to try and meet in chat for it?

If we can manage it, we can watch it together and do the callbacks and stuff!

WW, that sounds cool, but one night up past 10pm per quarter is about all this old fart can handle. Us 29 year olds need as much beauty sleep as we can get. :yawn1:

Sudo, puh-lease!!! :asdf: *must get rid of mental image* - *must erase mind picture* unless of course another pole dance is included. :wink2:

Chas,

Re:<B><I><font color=red>"Sudo... I've seen you in summer shorts and can't imagine you parading around in your tightie whities..."</font></I></B>

Why I'm SHOCKED!!! ... your imagining me, then... <B>*without*</B> tightie whities!! :redface:

<center>sudo</center>

You missed the "I C'AINT" part, my friend... :wave:

Of course I was playing off your ealier post about how watching RHPS would "turn" your into whatever...

(Emphasis on the "whatever"...)

Anywho - it's all in good, clean fun. :dance:

We're off to Trick Or Treat!