GreaseSpot Cafe

Doctrines of The Way Ministry that do not line up with truth

year2027

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes to the doctrinal issues, seems I spend most of my time taking my foot out of my mouth. I have relatives who are soupy with the "God Loves you and so do I" stuff and have learned to immediately put up a guard.

I always understood Romans 10:9 to have great figures of speech woven in it.

To confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus. The verb in and of itself connotes a continuous action in the present. The mouth is the figure where a part is put for the whole. (or hole in this case) So, I never considered the teaching to be erroroneous.

As for "believe", it is a verb. By definition, it indicates state of mind and being in the verb form would indicate action.

I do apologize for once again offending someone in here. I can be quite quick to jump to conclusions. One of my most profound disabilities is that when I see a fork in the road; I take it!

Now, perhaps you understand:

Y I don't go to church

God first

Beloved YIdon'tgotochurch

God loves you my dear friend

we all make misstakes here hang in here my friend

When I came here I took a few wrong forks in the road too

glad you are here

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

Beloved ex10

God loves us my dear friend

yes he is a very big man in his actions

glad we have him

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

Edited by year2027

YIDGTC, I too commend you and agree with you, my guard goes way, way up over certain things, like people who show concern... I immediately think they're after my soul. another one that raises my ire is the whole "forgive for your own sake" thing, just ticks me off. I'll forgive when I'm darned well ready, which is after I'm through giving myself permission to get angry in the first place after eating it for years... and maybe not even then, although I'm very quick to forgive when I see someone has remorse over hurting me or someone I love.

wow, ok, that was a tirade but it felt good.

anyway, I got rubbed the wrong way when I first started posting and accused someone of something not nice. I never apologized, either. I think I should go back and figure out if I need to.

now this:

To confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus. The verb in and of itself connotes a continuous action in the present. The mouth is the figure where a part is put for the whole. (or hole in this case) So, I never considered the teaching to be erroroneous.

I like the way you worded that. I hadn't looked at it that way, and it is much more beautiful taking the mouth to mean the part of the whole. acting and talking religious isn't it... we all know lots of people who are good at that. when someone really gets it, their life becomes a confession. they heal people by just loving them, not by browbeating them with bible verses.