GreaseSpot Cafe

I Had an Unusual Experience Today

Eagle

This is not TWI related but I had an unusual thing happen today. I was driving my wife to a flag retirement ceremony at my church coming back from a military drill in Lima where we had a luncheon with military including wives. The two hour drive was exhausting especially since we had little sleep the night before and all the coffee in the world was not enough to keep me from nodding off occasionally. My wife was sleeping on the passenger side. I was finally in Toledo when going toward an intersection I fell asleep at the wheel. The light turned red and I didn't know it.

The brakes slammed on right at the light. Then I awakened seeing cars whizzing by and looked up at the red light. I can't remember hitting those brakes myself. I think I did and my foot was on the brake. I just don't remember hitting the brake or remember the last half block I drove.

After that, I was wide awake, rather shaken, and safely got to my destination. That's all I can say about that.

Eagle

I'm so glad you're both ok! Yes, that has happened to me. That's when I learned the purpose of the loud sound when you veer over on the outer edge of the interstate pavement. It wakes you up.

Any angels around do ya think watching over you that night?

In any event, hope you two celebrated getting home safely that night :-)

Eagle -- I've had inexplicable things happen to me as well, when driving.

By rights --I shouldn't even be alive today.

Regardless of what some may say, God is in business to keep us functioning.

I'm convinced concerning *miracles*. God's OS for this (our) day and time.

Thanks for sharing. :)

I'm glad to know I am not the only one with this kind of experience. My wife never knew. I did not tell her. She slept through the entire thing including the abrupt braking out of nowhere. It was as if she never felt it. She was peaceful. I'm telling her tonight. I should have told her this. Since she didn't experience it, I thought she'd think me a nut or get upset for me falling asleep at the wheel.

I believe God did something. I sure didn't. My wife and I somtimes pray for a new house and beginning a church in a small town that really needs one. Not a big ambition spiritually, I suppose. If that is God's purpose for us, then so be it. I feel I should repay God somehow. But he is too big to repay. The only thing I know to do is ask him to help me follow His will.

I don't know when my time will come. But I guess it wasn't yesterday. I'm just glad my wife wasn't hurt.

Eagle

Glad you and the missus are okay, Eagle. :)

It's so cool when things like that happen, isn't it? I've seen more things like that since leaving TWI than I did during my whole time in TWI. :love3:

And, I know you know this, but God does those things because he loves us, not because he wants us to "pay him back" in any way shape or form. I know you do great things for those you love and it would take away from those things if they tried to pay you back. Just thank Him and continue to love and live for Him. That's all He wants anyway, isn't it? :wink2: