GreaseSpot Cafe

Low Carb

Kit Sober

Ice cream

Vita Mix has some nice recipes for ice cream that are so delicious, and by substituting heavy whipping cream (zero carbs) for the half and half and Splenda (zero carbs) for the sugar, I made a nice dessert for the office party that people on a diet could enjoy.

Any heavy duty blender would work I think.

For ice cream you need some frozen stuff, some liquid stuff, and some sweetener

Fruit, of course, is higher carbs, but overall, this is pretty good for your low carb people. The Christmas 2006 batch had cocoa substituted for vanillla and raspberries and it was delicious.

1 pint heavy whipping cream

Splenda packets (a bunch, didn't count them.) "To taste"

1 cup frozen raspberries, strawberries, blue berries, or other fruit

about a cup of ice cubes (two small office size ice cube trays)

1 tbsp vanilla

I think a French vanilla ice cream, using 1 egg yolk and vanilla would be the lowest carb version. I haven't tried that yet, though, but a low-carb dieter suggested it at the office party.

But everyone enjoyed it.

Substituting heavy whipping cream and Splenda in an egg nog recipe would give a nice low carb egg nog as well.

• 3 months later...

For RainbowsGirl,

This is from lowcarbcooking.org

Low Carb Pizza

Ingredients:

2 lbs hamburger meat

1 small can tomato sauce

3 cups grated cheddar cheese

1 tsp. Italian seasoning

pepperoni or canadian bacon or any topping that is a veggie or meat

3 T. grated parmesan cheese

Cooking Instructions:

Pat hamburger meat in casserole until flat and all the way to the sides. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes and then drain. Spread sauce, sprinkle seasoning, and then layer the meats, veggies, and top with the cheeses. Bake until all is melted approx. 12 minutes.

Serving suggestions:

You can cut it just like squares of pizza and serve. No one will even notice there is no crust. Looks just like regular pizza but low carb.

Please Note:

I used 1/2 red pepper, 1/2 yellow pepper, 1/2 green pepper all cut in chucks, mushrooms, and canadian bacon. It was delicious.

Edited by act2

For RainbowsGirl,

This is from lowcarbcooking.org

Low Carb Pizza

Ingredients:

2 lbs hamburger meat

1 small can tomato sauce

3 cups grated cheddar cheese

1 tsp. Italian seasoning

pepperoni or canadian bacon or any topping that is a veggie or meat

3 T. grated parmesan cheese

Cooking Instructions:

Pat hamburger meat in casserole until flat and all the way to the sides. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes and then drain. Spread sauce, sprinkle seasoning, and then layer the meats, veggies, and top with the cheeses. Bake until all is melted approx. 12 minutes.

Serving suggestions:

You can cut it just like squares of pizza and serve. No one will even notice there is no crust. Looks just like regular pizza but low carb.

Please Note:

I used 1/2 red pepper, 1/2 yellow pepper, 1/2 green pepper all cut in chucks, mushrooms, and canadian bacon. It was delicious.

Thank You act2!!!!