GreaseSpot Cafe

Christmas Cartoons

TOMMYZ

My son is back from college and he asked if we could watch "Charlie Brown Christmas". So I dug out the tape ( I had taped a bunch of Christmas Cartoons off the air in '90 and '91) and we watched "Charlie Brown", "A Garfield Christmas" and the "Claymation Christmas Special" ( by the guy who did "The California Raisins"). It was a sweet time. My son is a college freshman and my daughter is a junior in high school and it was nice that we could watch these together as a family. They even got a kick out of watching the commercials from back then, especially the 7 Up commercials with those guys who were basically red spots.

I was wondering if there were any other Christmas Specials that you watch to get into the holiday spirit. A new addition for us will be the "Penguins Christmas" that came with the "Madagascar" DVD.

Edited by TOMMYZ

The original Grinch cartoon is my all time favorite, followed by Charlie Brown Christmas. Then there is the orginal Rudolph, the original Frosty and the original claymation Christmas one with how Santa came to be. I have all of them on tape or cd, so the kids would not be deprived growing up and could see what good Christmas specials really are.