GreaseSpot Cafe

Sugar Bowl 2007

TheEvan

I think I'll use this spot for a rant:

Notre Dame lost their 9th consecutive bowl game after being on the receiving end of a thrashing meted out by LSU. :eusa_clap:

Why is that news? The reason they keep losing them is because they keep getting awarded bowl games they don't deserve. Duh.

Brady Quinn sure didn't look like the world beater he's been hyped. Who has heard of JaMarcus Russell? I know which QB that NFL teams are salivating after and it ain't Quinn.

Made for a dull game. By all rights, #4 LSU should have met #3Michigan. Or Wisconsin or Louisville. Anything but this...

It was a nice home game for you guys wasn't it Evan? ...even the "good travelling" Irish couldn't make a dent in the crowd...

I hadn't heard of Russell much until last night... but by the middle of the third quarter I made the statement "he's just auditioning for the pros now"...

JR was certainly impressive last night and no one had anything negative to say about him as a person either... as for Quinn, I'm not going to be too hard on him, it's kind of hard to do much when you're spending most of your time running for your freaking life...

I don't think Russell was the only LSU player that the pro scouts are salivating over... how about LaFell? (is that the speedy receiver who was always behind the secondary)

I know that I'd like for a couple of those LSU defensive linemen to suit up for our team in Saturday's playoff game with Seattle... our secondary could use a pass rush like that...

Again... a very nice win for your boys!

The ubiquitous Terry Bradshaw interviewed Brady Quinn on TV yesterday evening. Mr. Bradshaw loves Brady, whined a great deal about how he has been cheated out of the Heisman and should have received it instead of Troy Smith. I don't know enough about football to intelligently argue the point, and in addition I'm a huge Buckey/Troy Smith fan, which would keep me from being objective. But I do remember the bowl game last year where Quinn's future brother-in-law, either AJ Hawk or Bobby carpenter, sacked him 6 times!

He is a nice young man from a nice high school, however. Bradshaw has predicted he is the one who will do famously in the NFL.

WG