GreaseSpot Cafe

Side-stepping Twi Policies

skyrider

Funny thing, Howard Allan suggested at a teaching at ROA '94 that it was better to break even or pay in a little rather than have the IRS hold your money interest-free all year.

yep, I remember that, too. he said it was insane to let the government hold our money and use them as a savings plan, interest-free. he said try to break even or keep it within a few hundred bucks.

funny thing is, twi policy changes almost as often as I change my underpants, so I'm sure it's tough for their leadership to remember what current policy is. pile on top of that the fact that old policy is never formally rescinded, and the method for getting new policy out is usually to change things a little here, a little there, until all of a sudden you end up facing east when you were facing west a while ago, and you have no freekin' idea how you got turned around.

yep, those poor leaders!!!

:thinking: I wonder about some of this too. We have HFC's here in nice big houses that they are making payments to parents on, LCs who are now residing in large homes, driving practically new vehicles and we are still slaving away, getting chewed by the sharks because we are not ABSing out the rear and living the good life at the same time. Hmmm! Must be lour butt-kissing isn't big enough to suit some of them. Yuch!!!

This HFC claimed to have began buying his home from his parents in this manner, but his parents died and he inherited the house (as well as the profitable family farm) from them. He touted this "plan" locally, and even wrote a paper about it and sent it to the BOT. I never heard of anyone else doing this anywhere, but it continued to be promoted as a way to buy a home without going into debt at least through 2001 when I was booted out.

Wot, killing off your parents?? For the house?? :wacko:

Probably on balance a muslim mortgage would be better than killing off your parents. At least to most people. Or is that thinking carnally? (he he he)