GreaseSpot Cafe

Child labour

pinklady

I was reading Hope's thread on the labour we used to be expected to do and It seems they are trying to pass this off on the kids.

Alot of splinter groups I know of are starting youth groups from ages 13-21. I watched in horror as a leader here had kids 13- 17 work on his property the entire weekend!! Then at the end, on Sunday, they would have to detail clean his house and car!!! They even had to pay for their food for the weekend!! 35.00 for each kid!!! I think they made some profit!!!

They had to write a letter also stating why they should be considered to be chosen as a fellowlaborer!!! Then he decided whether or not he would accept them!! They worked in the hot sun all day and the cold rain. Once my son forgot his lunch and the leader told him he was a liar and made him work longer than the rest. He even woke them up at 2 am to work!! What is the purpose of this??

I had to speak up of course, being the rebellious woman that I am! lol. Parent's, don't send your kids to youth camps unless you can go too. I was never allowed and I had 3 kids in it.

Don't send them to another state for heaven's sake because they may not ever come home. Mine never came home from a camp in New Nersey because he was brainwashed. He left all his clothes and even his stereo!!

Please gaurd your kids. Don't trust them to any crazy way leader!!! Don't make the mistakes I did. Love Pink!

• 2 weeks later...
What is the purpose of this??

Sounds like its an opportunity to get all the chores that you are too lazy to do yourself done and take some suckers money to get them done.

I have a hard time believing anyone can actually be stupid enough to buys into this BS...

but if any of you do you're more than welcome to come over and clean my house next weekend ---PLUS I'll give you a deal and only charge you $30.00

I won't condone what this sphincter group is doing because I don't know exactly what it is.

Although, in the family corps, I was in 5-6th grade, and we had play days after school at times and we had work days at other times. Of course, at that age you don't really enjoy the work days that much, but doing it with friends wasn't so bad and as an adult I can see how it helped cultivate a strong work ethic. Plus I learned the proper way to do certain things. At Indiana it really wasn't that bad, nice surroundings, diverse jobs to do and learn from etc.. What would have been more helpful and what would be more helpful in this "minister's" case is to do things for other people other than the MOG. It would be better to not only cultivate a strong work ethic but also helping those that need help. Helping a fellow fellowshipper is one thing, but it doesn't always carry through to helping people that really need it which also usually brings with it the creative thinking that comes along with helping those that don't know how to help themselves already.

Working with your hands is good for a young person. It helps coordination, builds respect, builds confidence, brings pride in what you do, and many other things. Thats the way I see it.