GreaseSpot Cafe

E-mail clients

Sudo

I get a lot of HTML mail as I'm sure most everyone here does. I use Outlook Express and it displays all of my e-mail just fine. The e-mail can contain JPGs and even animated GIFs. Ya'll know what I'm talking about. Most of them go to the trash can but sometimes they're pretty dang good and I forward them on like I'm supposed to do :rolleyes: .

Here's the problem I'm having. I can't save some of these good ones in pure HTML format where all the animations and pics are in place. Does anyone use (or know of) a mail client that can do this?

sudo

1. Click on the body of the email,

2. then right click.

3. Highlight Select all.

4.Right click again

5. select "View Source"

6.Copy the whole code by pressing Cntrl A (so cntrl then A, but still holding down the control).

7. Right click again select "Copy"

8.Then come to your GS window you have open type in

[html..] (take out the two ..)

9. Paste in your code (which would look like this <a href="test/page.html">A Test Page</a> )
10. Close your tag by typing[/html]

Edited by GodsGirl2

Godsgirl2,

Ah! I've actually done that when there are no images involved. However, images seem to be a problem. Rather than linking to an image on another server, it spells out the whole binary code for the pic.. and its over the posting limit here. Sounds like you sure know your HTML stuff. Do you do it for a living?

sudo

Ahh... so it sounds like a board thing. Ohhh Greasy Tech..." Paging Dr Fine, Dr Greasy Tech, Dr Fine.. "

Oh my I think Tommy's humor is rubbing off on me.

I am a website designer where I host all my clients on my own. Plus on the side I also work for clients as a Network/Security Admin.

Hi GodsGirl! If someone hasn't done so already, welcome to GS!

Sudo, the only way I can see for you to do what you want is to save your email as html. Then save all attachments to the same folder. Change each link in the html doc to be like file//c:\PathToYourImages. Save them on your server. Then when you want to post it on GS, post it in an Iframe.

GodsGirl, I don't do websites, too time consuming for the $$ you get. For me anyway. So feel free to correct me in what I posted above if there is any error. Now security, I'm with ya there. :)

Rick

Yeah he would but then he would also have to center them or place them in the thread how they appeared.

You are very right, for alot of clients it sure seems that way. Though I refrain from doing the flat fee for a whole design and that helps alot. Plus I don't need to pay for insurance.. and I get to stay at home. I also make sure they understand that I do only regular office hours unless the servers crashed or the T. Which then I would be working on it anyway.

Hooray another security buff! Did you venture over to Tom Strange's post yet? I would be intrested in your thoughts on the article.

and thank you, I suppose lurking for 5 years was long enough :)