GreaseSpot Cafe

Progressive Theology

cman

Interesting, Clay. I've been reading more about this lately, actually, but most of these are new names to me. Thanks. :) I'll read this later today.

Regarding the "mind-body problem" - I highly suggest checking out Candace Pert's "Molecules of Emotion" if you're interested in a scientific mind-body connection viewpoint.

God first

Beloved

God loves us all

I love this quote from Whitehead on the link you gave

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_North_Whitehead

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He believed that "there are no whole truths; all truths are half-truths. It is trying to treat them as whole truths that plays the devil." Whitehead's political views were similar to libertarianism without the label. He wrote: "Now the intercourse between individuals and between social groups takes one of two forms, force or persuasion. Commerce is the great example of intercourse by way of persuasion. War, slavery, and governmental compulsion exemplify the reign of force."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I too believe "there are no whole truths; all truths are half-truths" because we only see in part

I too see "intercourse between individuals and between social groups takes one of two forms, force or persuasion."

the way persuased us with halp truths that they claim were whole then when that did not work they try to force us with fear

while God persuases us by loving us first and given us free will

I love this link thanks

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

Edited by year2027