GreaseSpot Cafe

Thank God For Hockey !!!

Hills Bro

The snow sucks. Been shoveling all night and day. This global warming is tough...-15 degrees and about 24 inches of the white stuff. Been this way for about three weeks now. Guess I'm gonna have to burn more fuel to increase the ozone layer to at least bring the temp up another 25 or 30 degrees. I think I saw a polar bear taking a dump in my backyard this morning. Maybe he's moving south for the winter?

Well..there is hockey so life isn't that bad here in western NY. Thank God for the Sabres. Without them I would be left with ice fishing. I saw some SUVs drive out on the ice at some local ponds along Lake Ontario this morning. They parked out there and set up their tents and started fishing. I walked out and thought I'd be the friendly neighbor to inform them that its just too darn risky to be driving out on the water because of global warming and after a few choice four letter words they told me that the ice is about 12 inches thick. Hadn't seen that in years.

Ok that's good ..global warming is over..now we can look forward to saving the spotted owl from the glare off backyard above ground swimming pools. :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Or you can just snuggle around your fireplace with a cold porter and watch Hockey till the playoffs. Blow off some steam when one of your players gets a stick in the groin by an opposing player. Getting foul..nasty and down right rude..watching hockey.. gotta love the sport. :wave::eusa_clap::rolleyes:

Peter Forsburg just traded to Nashville

With all the snow and arctic air..I'm real slow. Work is seasonal. Can't wait till spring.

Hope you guys don't get upset with my sick humor. Don't worry...I'll be gone before you can scream obscenities :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: at me. I'm on a mission from God. :confused:

Edited by Hills Bro

The five hole in hockey is that area between the goalie pads that opens up but just for a moment ..result usually is bad for goalie because great offensive minded shooters will see it open ...snap a shot off and score. For a goalie the five hole is to stay shut . Sometimes a goalie will tease an opposing player and open that area up real fast then close it...this will cause the shooter to think he has a sure goal only to have the goalie shut his pads and make the save.

Lady Byng

The Lady Byng Memorial Trophy is an annual award given to the player adjudged to have exhibited the best type of sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct combined with a high standard of playing ability. The winner is selected in a poll of the Professional Hockey Writers' Association at the end of the regular season.

Lady Byng, wife of Canada's Governor-General at the time, presented the Lady Byng trophy in 1925. After Frank Boucher of the New York Rangers won the award seven times in eight seasons, he was given the trophy to keep and Lady Byng donated another trophy in 1936.

After Lady Byng's death in 1949, the National Hockey League presented a new trophy, changing the name to Lady Byng Memorial Trophy.

Edited by Hills Bro

Hills -- thanks!! :)

I've been here in "hockey country" for almost 30 years,

but never learned the terminology, rules, etc.

I guess you can take a boy out of the Hoosier,

but you can't take the Hoosier out of the boy.

*Nothing but net* could be a hockey term,

but I'm used to hearing it concerning basketball. :)