GreaseSpot Cafe

The manifestations of holy boredom

Bolshevik

You're probably right that it just hasn't spread way down here yet. I've also heard that things are a lot more laid back in other areas and that it just hasn't spread down here yet. It seems the standards vary according to local leadership.

Here's a thought... If we're supposed to be "believing" for God to work in us, then they ask for a volunteer, several people try to jump in all at once, well is God really working in all three? Why would He inspire three people when only one could carry through. Would it be decent and in order for God to inspire three people who all start speaking at once? Hmmm, maybe we are just promoting works of the flesh?

It reminds me of the ROA where so many people were all "believing" to win that motorcycle.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as far as I know SIT, prophecy are not inspired, so we can all do this at once whenever. revelation is supposedly all God's perogitive

You're right in that it can be out of order, but it is the same if someone says "someone pray for the BOD" and three people jump in (or nobody wants to)

I think it gives more opportunity for people to assert their more mature "status" and make others who are nervous (a little fearful?) feel they aren't doing enough for God. Not bubbling over to manifest must mean someone isn't studying the Word enought, SIT enough, speaking the word enough etc. It all leads into the whole "God told you to do such and such and you didn't, so I get to reprove you now" stuff.