GreaseSpot Cafe

Thoughtlessness and Superiority

Bolshevik

I've developed a greater sense of empathy now than ever before. It's easy to feel for people when you finally allow yourself TO FEEL.

AMEN, SISTAH!!

And a "Hallelujah!!!" from the choir!

Isn't life so much sweeter when we don't have the burden of passing judgement and uncovering every little speck of evil in someone's life.... much less in our own?

I remember the Columbine comments. Craig said that they deserved it because they had rejected the WOWs who had been there several times and the number of chances they'd had to "respond to the word". :rolleyes:

I think most churches leaders are a lot like the ones in TWI. People are stuck iin wanting a "king" (the wrong kind) to lead them and be responsible for them. Like when the people told Moses - YOU go up on the mountain. Everyone was invited but they didn't accept the invitation and appointed Moses to do it for them. That is still how most people are today.

And It fosters a "I have to be better than you are" attituded among the leadership. I have found very few leaders who can stay humble enough to take God's people where God really wants them to go to. I think that is why God is not present in a lot of the churches.

Most leadership wants you to place yourself under their "covering" which is wrong spiritually. There is only one covering you can really be under - God's covering. And when church leaders forget that, they are traveling down the wrong road and leading the people down the same wrong road.

Twi puts so much time into emphazing the importance of leadership.

What type of leadership does God want there to be? We can lead by example, having no formal position. Is leadership position a godly concept or does god want something else?

Even while Way D, I was taught to literally walk "with dignified seriousness". I was bred to be spiritual snob. Pointing out to the world their mistakes, if only they'd obey.

:angry: