GreaseSpot Cafe

Where did LCM learn to cuss?

What The Hey

....I'm not sure why you think Hypocrite and Whited Sepulchre are equivalant to cuss words.

I didn't say I though those words were cuss words myself. I was simply making a case that people against Christianity often consider them as swear words. Now whether or not people in our time and our modern culture still consider those word offensive might be a matter of personal taste, but people from the east and during the time of Christ could have easily considered those words just as offensive and equivalent to us calling some one a B***H*** or A**H*** or any other expletive today. (Good point Raf).

... Should have had Richard Pryor or Lenny Bruce up front. At least we would have had some entertainment along with the foul language.

And LCM didn't think he was entertaining us?

Edited by What The Hey

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not true. Jesus called the Pharisees and the Sadducees hypocrites and whited sepulchres (Matt. 23:27). Many people against Christianity make this argument because "Jesus using those words" still constitute Jesus himself as someone using cussing and swearing. You stated Jesus Christ never used such language, so how would you go about answering their argument?

remember Mr. Stud Matindale famous line ( you have to read it in the original text) remember? and that was abunch BS... My Lord was perfect he didn't resort to Dbase lango. Anger yes passion and fire I can deal with that but CUSSING no way dude

Man o man I can't believe you would even consider that cussing /yeah you got a ways to go my friend.

Edited by Captain Spiritural

Out There,

Re:"He had a couple cavities on his back molars - Sudo are you listening?"

No kidding? You could see them when he was yelling or something? Or maybe just bad breath? That's more indicative of gum disease but in any case... like Palladin would say: Have Pliers Will Travel.

sudo (doubting Out There knows what the heck I am talking about)