GreaseSpot Cafe

IMO the Hook and Poison of TWI

...Lets see if I have two cents in the couch cushions...

Ok...so I found a dollar in the cushions...

Ok...I am so going to stop digging in the couch now...

And keep digging through that couch dear.

Beloved, now are we the Sofas of God.

Edited by T-Bone

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It gave us an identity. One we thought was worth all the effort. At the same time there was enormous fear of leaving (get possessed etc). Upon leaving, well, we didn’t know who we were anymore. It wasn’t just the doctrine was false. It was necessary to rebuild and rediscover ourselves from the ground up. For me at least, all the way down to every thought that crosses my mind. Still: because I know I still have twi crap in my head…Out darn spot…

Yep, the harmony was false, so was “likeminded.” This way was the only way.

And the deeper I dig, the more bizarre it looks to me.

Eyes: your explanation about commitment really makes sense.

Our identity revolved for a great many people around our nametags. I have kept every last one of them and I am puting them in a shadow box with the caption "Remember your past, remember the lessons you learned and use those memories to help you build a better future." My identity is now in Christ Jesus where it belongs, where it belonged all along. But the progressive nametags remind me how I got there. I am who I am and I really dont care who knows it anymore. I've been beaten, flogged, humiliated, belittled, repressed and down trodden but I will never again deny Christ! Never again!

I still get bad way brain thoughts but I beat them down as fast as they come up...or as fast as I recognize them. But as Kathy said not all of them are bad. We were taught some useful stuff and even bad stuff can be used as a comparison. As children of God we are required to "prove these things to see if they be so". It is no different with TWI stuff, we just need to prove it, see if it is good. Toss the cr@p.

The harmony of TWI was false but the premise was good. Too bad it could not be executed with real people. :biglaugh:

Dog gone it this couch is just spitting coins this morning...got enough for a large fries and a milk shake now!

Beloved, now are we the Sofas of God.

Bow to the sofa alter.... :biglaugh:

Darn. Only at GS would I find out my true identity is a piece of furniture. And probably full of feathers and sand...

No feathers or sand, just stuffing and cat fur...it is called FURniture :biglaugh:

What I had in mind was doing something our leadership really frowned upon – sleep! :who_me:

…and to really pi$$ them off I’m gonna blow the 2 drink limit for a nightcap before I snag some Zs – talking 3 sheets to the wind, here! :drink: