GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI Topics get you skiddish???

Cindy!

Me too.

I avoided this section of GSC at ALL costs.

Until recently.

Come on....join in.....

My major beef is that I KNEW what should be done or said....but didn't do or say it cuz I thought I'd be wrong or unpopular.

Or that I'd prove ungodly.

Or that others would see how truly unworthy I REALLY was (whadda crock of cow dung)

what's your beef?

if folks disagree.....celebrate!!!!!....it's a NEW day!!!

I'll go first.....

I hate liars and hypocrites......

I've had folks promise me one thing and do another more often that I can tell you.. (once it was just a break-up with a boyfriend....he promised to keep it simple [it just didn't work out.] ....then he turned around and spread a lot of lies around....(he broke a verbal contract..].i'd agreed to pay him money he thought I owed him for helping me, he even itemized it and sent it certified mail..but his breaking of that verbal contract (that we would say it just did not work out...so that noone would feel put in the middle) voided that agreement. And do you know that he never, ever, even after attempts on my part....would discuss it. Sad.

These kinds of people are EVERYWHERE.....and they are always dishonest.

It's a shame.

Me too.

I avoided this section of GSC at ALL costs.

Until recently.

Come on....join in.....

My major beef is that I KNEW what should be done or said....but didn't do or say it cuz I thought I'd be wrong or unpopular.

Or that I'd prove ungodly.

Or that others would see how truly unworthy I REALLY was (whadda crock of cow dung)

what's your beef?

if folks disagree.....celebrate!!!!!....it's a NEW day!!!

I'll go first.....

I hate liars and hypocrites......

I've had folks promise me one thing and do another more often that I can tell you.. (once it was just a break-up with a boyfriend....he promised to keep it simple [it just didn't work out.] ....then he turned around and spread a lot of lies around....(he broke a verbal contract..].i'd agreed to pay him money he thought I owed him for helping me, he even itemized it and sent it certified mail..but his breaking of that verbal contract (that we would say it just did not work out...so that noone would feel put in the middle) voided that agreement. And do you know that he never, ever, even after attempts on my part....would discuss it. Sad.

These kinds of people are EVERYWHERE.....and they are always dishonest.

It's a shame.

GET A DOG! :biglaugh:

What seems so odd to me now is that rudeness, arrogance,anger, tantrums etc became somehow elements of taking a real stand for God...and that obedience to leadership was so, so important. And why some of us didn't see red flags...

I'm not sure I'm understanding the nature of this thread correctly but here goes.

I used to get quite "skiddish" when non-TWI people would bring up ghosts or ESP or any of the other things that The Way associated with devil spirits.

"Haunted houses" and "talking to the dead" were subjects I had to bite my tongue on.

Hey! I read "are the dead alive n*w" so that makes me an expert, right?

How can you be a part of a group discussion of something like homosexuality with a bunch of people who have no idea what TWI taught and not feel at least a little skiddish?

Even worse. How do you work in the same office with someone who is openly gay and also happens to be an otherwise well adjusted and perfectly normal human being without feeling skiddish trying to reconcile reality with TWI teachings?

If nothing else, you find yourself thinking they will view you as a nut case for ever falling for this stuff.

Since coming to The Cafe, I find it a lot easier to let this stuff slide past me without FEELING like I have to "set them all straight".

Did I misunderstand the topic?

My apologies if I did.

In later days..trying to explain why I thought not owning a home and moving every 6 months to a year was better than having my own place with a mortgage. I always got the strangest blank looks from everyone---and never could explain it with real logic.

(Oh and why it was good to drive a car that broke down all the time instead of having a dependable car with car payments.)